Repeating Year 12 Difficulties Watch

OJ Emporium
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I know it's a month late but it's gotten to me how ****ed up this is. The fact that I have to repeat the year knowing full well that there were others who did much worse yet got to progress whilst I have to repeat due to reasons unknown.

I even tried to contact my Physics teacher who just ignored me, in fact, almost everyone failed and they progressed along with some people who actually managed to pass. I had no personal issues with this teacher and this was the same with my Maths and it's ****ing my mind up like what the **** do I even do now?!

I just need help really, I don't even know what to do anymore...
BusinessExpert
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by OJ Emporium)
I know it's a month late but it's gotten to me how ****ed up this is. The fact that I have to repeat the year knowing full well that there were others who did much worse yet got to progress whilst I have to repeat due to reasons unknown.

I even tried to contact my Physics teacher who just ignored me, in fact, almost everyone failed and they progressed along with some people who actually managed to pass. I had no personal issues with this teacher and this was the same with my Maths and it's ****ing my mind up like what the **** do I even do now?!

Switch to an apprenticeship or something. You’re wasting time if you redo Year 12 again and you’d look a fool for starting again.

It seems like the decision is irreversible so find something else as soon as possible.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
wa17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Why do you need to redo them? What grades did you get?
FailedMyMocks
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Don't listen to BusinessExpert. Sometimes repeating a year is exactly what you need. I repeated year 12 and I'm thankful for the opportunity although I wasn't happy about it.

Next year, shape up and show what you're capable of.
OJ Emporium
Rep:
?
(Original post by wa17)
Why do you need to redo them? What grades did you get?
C in Computer Science

E in both Physics and Maths

I did do well in class tests and apparently, that would contribute to whether I'd progress or not. Furthermore, most who took the subject failed Maths yet got to progress leaving a minute amount of people to repeat the year. I, on the other hand, have to repeat it(I'm sorry if I sound narcissistic)

It seems as if the grade progression boundary didn't apply at all and rather it depended on whether the teacher liked the student enough to just not **** up their future.
OJ Emporium
Rep:
?
(Original post by FailedMyMocks)
Don't listen to BusinessExpert. Sometimes repeating a year is exactly what you need. I repeated year 12 and I'm thankful for the opportunity although I wasn't happy about it.

Next year, shape up and show what you're capable of.
I agree with what you're saying but what's the point? It seems as if the teachers just have some serious cause of favouritism.
FailedMyMocks
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I agree with what you're saying but what's the point? It seems as if the teachers just have some serious cause of favouritism.
Perhaps. You have the option of changing sixth forms..
OJ Emporium
Rep:
?
(Original post by FailedMyMocks)
Perhaps. You have the option of changing sixth forms..
I guess that seems to be the final solution cos I can't be having this...
Thank you bro
FailedMyMocks
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I guess that seems to be the final solution cos I can't be having this...
Thank you bro
No problem - happy to help. If you have any more questions hmu.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 11 months ago

Couldnt disagree more with #2.

Work out why you failed and what it is you wish to do.
If you are interested in a career and going to uni then it is a good thing they are allowing you time to repeat. It is an opportunity and not a punishment.
In all likelihood a lot of those who you think are poor will do poorly in their final A levels, whereas you have a second chance.

Stop[ *****ing about other people and start to grow up and take responsibility for the situation.

Are you interested in doing well or not? If you are then learn what went wrong and remedy it.

If you arent interested in studying then do something else like an apprenticeship. It is up to you, but pack in the hard done by, try and be smart and get on with it.

If you really believe theres some sort of teacher conspiracy then go and do your A levels or BTEC elsewhere like college. get your skates on though. You have a major issue that your grades would not be good enough to get into uni if that was your aim. That is why you have to wake up and deal with it. Forget about the other people because a lot of those will fail.
Dobby's Phoenix
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
What I would say is this. I have just redone year 12 for very similar reasons- I got Cs and knew I could get As so I redid the year. I got all As. If you think you can do much better and you want to go on to further education that requires higher grades, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending you to redo the year. It is a very hard choice to make for multiple reasons but once you see that upward curve, and more importantly once the universities see that upward curve, you will feel fantastic.

If, however, you think you just will be lazy and get similar results, then don't bother. Also, if you have a reasonable excuse for as to why you didn't perform so well last year such as mental health or home problems etc, then employers and universities will understand this and admire the hard decision to start again and achieve to your potential. So in short- redo unless you're gonna just doss around.
OJ Emporium
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Couldnt disagree more with #2.

Work out why you failed and what it is you wish to do.
If you are interested in a career and going to uni then it is a good thing they are allowing you time to repeat. It is an opportunity and not a punishment.
In all likelihood a lot of those who you think are poor will do poorly in their final A levels, whereas you have a second chance.

Stop[ *****ing about other people and start to grow up and take responsibility for the situation.

Are you interested in doing well or not? If you are then learn what went wrong and remedy it.

If you arent interested in studying then do something else like an apprenticeship. It is up to you, but pack in the hard done by, try and be smart and get on with it.
Thank you for that I needed that extra kick in motivation, I'll try harder for A* this year
OJ Emporium
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dobby's Phoenix)
What I would say is this. I have just redone year 12 for very similar reasons- I got Cs and knew I could get As so I redid the year. I got all As. If you think you can do much better and you want to go on to further education that requires higher grades, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending you to redo the year. It is a very hard choice to make for multiple reasons but once you see that upward curve, and more importantly once the universities see that upward curve, you will feel fantastic.

If, however, you think you just will be lazy and get similar results, then don't bother. Also, if you have a reasonable excuse for as to why you didn't perform so well last year such as mental health or home problems etc, then employers and universities will understand this and admire the hard decision to start again and achieve to your potential. So in short- redo unless you're gonna just doss around.
I see, well thank you for the advice bro, needed that extra kick in motivation
999tigger
Report 11 months ago
Thank you for that I needed that extra kick in motivation, I'll try harder for A* this year
Take stock and decide if its the right school. If not hurry and find another or go to college. Is there really a conspiracy against you or are they busy and do they think you are a good student? It seems like you are hard done by and like to complain.
Decide if they are the right subjects, if not change them or do BTEC.

Think about your attitude. Did you really try hard?

Some of your school friends are going to fail and you will never see them again.

Get your act together and your studies under control. Make sure it doesnt happen again and get into the best uni possible.
OJ Emporium
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Take stock and decide if its the right school. If not hurry and find another or go to college. Is there really a conspiracy against you or are they busy and do they think you are a good student? It seems like you are hard done by and like to complain.
Decide if they are the right subjects, if not change them or do BTEC.

Think about your attitude. Did you really try hard?

Some of your school friends are going to fail and you will never see them again.

Get your act together and your studies under control. Make sure it doesnt happen again and get into the best uni possible.
Yea true I need to stop the *****y tendencies and move on, I did try hard. Mark this down i'm gonna come back with my triple A's next year.
999tigger
Report 11 months ago
Yea true I need to stop the *****y tendencies and move on, I did try hard. Mark this down i'm gonna come back with my triple A's next year.
Keep your targets progressive.Work out how to go from:

Fail to E to D to C to B, then A.

Do past papers and use mark schemes.

If you intend to continue with maths then that is where you have to pull your thumb out.
alexiah
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I see, well thank you for the advice bro, needed that extra kick in motivation
preach!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.7%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (71)
10.06%
No I am happy with my course choice (402)
56.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (101)
14.31%

Watched Threads