The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Clearing 2018

Hi there! This thread has been created for anyone who is interested in or has applied to Lancaster University through Clearing in 2018.

This space is for you to chat to other applicants and find coursemates or ask any questions that you may have about Lancaster University and the application process!

We are here to answer any questions you have over the Adjustment and Clearing period.

Any Clearing and Adjustment course vacancies at Lancaster, for entry in October 2018, will be added to our website
Please check back from the 15th August for the latest Adjustment and Clearing information.

Adjustment and Clearing HotlinesLines open at 6:00am on Thursday 16th August

Calling from the UK?
0800 298 9542

Calling from outside the UK?
+44 1524 931300
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi! We've created our clearing thread :biggrin:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, I have an offer to study the Law LLB course of AAB. I was wondering what is the lowest grades Lancaster will accept if I don’t meet this offer? ❤️
Original post by kiki213
Hi, I have an offer to study the Law LLB course of AAB. I was wondering what is the lowest grades Lancaster will accept if I don’t meet this offer? ❤️

Hi! Congrats on your offer, you'd need to wait for our Adjustment and Clearing course pages to open to check this. This will be available on Wednesday.:smile: Good luck!

Thanks
^Cat
Reply 4
Original post by Lancaster University Student Ambassador
Hi! Congrats on your offer, you'd need to wait for our Adjustment and Clearing course pages to open to check this. This will be available on Wednesday.:smile: Good luck!

Thanks
^Cat

Hello, thank you :smile:
Hi everyone,

Just by way of introduction, my name is Georgia and I am a current student at Lancaster University.
I am in my final year studying Accounting and Finance so if you have any questions please post of this thread and I'll try my best to answer them!

Good luck to everybody getting their results on Thursday :smile:

Georgia
Student Ambassador
Hi,

In case exams went really badly, say you applied for a BEng course through clearing, could you switch to the MEng once there (assuming work is satisfactory in first year)

And also. It may be just me but our logo looks like a face! The red eyes a moustache and a book mouth! And now I can’t see it as anything else!
Original post by Snoozinghamster
Hi,

In case exams went really badly, say you applied for a BEng course through clearing, could you switch to the MEng once there (assuming work is satisfactory in first year)

And also. It may be just me but our logo looks like a face! The red eyes a moustache and a book mouth! And now I can’t see it as anything else!

Hi there,

Yes, you are right about the logo - I've not noticed that before! I guess I will struggle to see anything else now you have mentioned it.

With regards to your query, you would be best to contact us through the clearing hotlines on Thursday when they open as we will have more details for you then. In case you don't have the number it is:
0800 298 9542 from within the UK.

Hope this has been of some help and if you have any further questions, just let me know :smile:

Georgia
Student Ambassador
Original post by Lancaster University Student Ambassador
Hi there,

Yes, you are right about the logo - I've not noticed that before! I guess I will struggle to see anything else now you have mentioned it.

With regards to your query, you would be best to contact us through the clearing hotlines on Thursday when they open as we will have more details for you then. In case you don't have the number it is:
0800 298 9542 from within the UK.

Hope this has been of some help and if you have any further questions, just let me know :smile:

Georgia
Student Ambassador

Thanks.

And now I can’t stop chortling at the “moustache”!
Reply 9
Hi,

Are there any alternatives to taking the Law LLB course if we achieve lower than the entry requirements ie AAB? Is there a foundation entry that students can take?

Also is there a way I can talk to a current Law student at Lancaster on TSR?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by kiki213
Hi,

Are there any alternatives to taking the Law LLB course if we achieve lower than the entry requirements ie AAB? Is there a foundation entry that students can take?

Also is there a way I can talk to a current Law student at Lancaster on TSR?

Hi Kiki,

Thanks for your message. The Law LLB course requirements online are AAB. For any alternative questions, you would be best to ask the clearing hotline when they open on Thursday as they will have more detailed information for you.

Within TSR you should be able to find your course here at Lancaster:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/unimatch/
The best way to speak to current Law students is to attend one of our Open Days which can be found on our website. We have student ambassadors from each department and they should be able to help with any more detailed questions.
If you have any further questions please let me know.

Georgia
Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending