The Student Room Group

Saudi Arabia Execute Man Via CRUCIFIXION (and beheading)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Good bloke
A long time in gaol. The world has moved on from the seventh century, leaving only Islam to try and drag everyone back in time.

I have seen you be indifference to alleged murderers potentially facing death penalty on the ISIS beatles thread. Why do care about the murderer on this thread?

I apologise if I confuse you for someone else.

Original post by Robby2312
This is the same country that executes people for apostasy or protesting.Do you really think their legal system is that good? At the most it's alleged theft, alleged murder and alleged rape.In such a backwards culture I doubt their standards of proof are as high as ours are.In which case they might well have beheaded an entirely innocent man.But yeah who cares right?

Well your post is coming down to whether you believe this man committed the crime or not. Does this mean that if Saudi sent you proof of this man's crimes, you would support the death penalty?

You know, countries outside of the west can have a high standard proof too. It is a bit arrogant to automatically think they don't and only your countries have high standard.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by zebraguy 20
I have seen you be indifference to alleged murderers potentially facing death penalty on the ISIS beatles thread. Why do care about the murderer on this thread?

I don't. That doesn't stop me pointing out the barbarity of executions, especially those carried out in a cruel way for the purpose of conforming with seventh century superstitions.
I don't. That doesn't stop me pointing out the barbarity of executions, especially those carried out in a cruel way for the purpose of conforming with seventh century superstitions.

Okay, thank you for explaining your stance.

I apologise if I confuse you for someone else.

Well your post is coming down to whether you believe this man committed the crime or not. Does this mean that if Saudi sent you proof of this man's crimes, you would support the death penalty?

You know, countries outside of the west can have a high standard proof too. It is a bit arrogant to automatically think they don't and only your countries have high standard.

It's not arrogant because I know their legal system is a joke.They execute people for peaceful protest or for blasphemy.Any country that executes people for stuff like that is uncivilised and all legal judgements basically come down to kangaroo courts.They should be taken with a very large pinch of salt.And it's not just the death penalty is it? That's beheading followed by a display of the corpse on a cross.Thats utterly primitive and the sort of thing we haven't done for 500 years here.So no I wouldn't support it.Even in the USA they don't feel the need to display the bodies.
Original post by Robby2312
It's not arrogant because I know their legal system is a joke.They execute people for peaceful protest or for blasphemy.Any country that executes people for stuff like that is uncivilised and all legal judgements basically come down to kangaroo courts.They should be taken with a very large pinch of salt.And it's not just the death penalty is it? That's beheading followed by a display of the corpse on a cross.Thats utterly primitive and the sort of thing we haven't done for 500 years here.So no I wouldn't support it.Even in the USA they don't feel the need to display the bodies.

I think your issue is that you may not like what they view as a crime and the punishments they may have for different crimes. If you disagree, you disagree. But this does mean their due process is a joke. Personally I do not like the fact that some rapists in Britain can get out of jail after a few years but you know your due process is fine generally and it would be unfair to attack your due process just because I didn't like your punishments.

I think in London there is a university where they display a famous corpse or part of that famous person's corpse. They dress it up and put it behind glass. Only 20-30 years ago, some rival students from different university would steal the head of the corpse for fun. I think part of Einstein's brain was also up for display in some western countries museum or something. So you do display corpses and body parts of dead people where there is no need to. You just do it for different reasons.
Not really news - dont see how its different to the US (or any other country using CP).

I'd say the barbarity of an execution is almost irrelevant if you condone execution at all (dunno if you do).
Reply 47
Original post by RJomana
Before u make statements like this u should research regarding tazir and hudud (capital punishment),this case uses tazir (punishment decided by judge ) which is the ruling of a judge not the quran and sunnah
But what does the judge use as the basis for his decision? That's right, the Quran and sunnah. There is no other source of legal rulings in Islam.
Also, crucifixion is a hudd punishment for committing "fasad". Are you trying to claim that murder, theft and rape do not come under "fasad"?
Actually, rape doesn't, because there is no such offence in Islam, only lawful and unlawful sexual intercourse. There are sex acts that Islam sees as lawful that international law sees as rape, and there are acts that international law sees as lawful, but Islam sees as worthy of the death sentence. Bonkers, innit?
I am not surprised by this barbarism, considering what they have been doing to Yemen and their persecution of sufis.
Reply 49
Original post by RJomana
No, Saudi Arabia does not follow Quranic law.
Wrong!
The constitution of Saudi Arabia is the Quran and sunnah.

The House of Saud is one of the most dangerous institutions presently at war against Islam.
And yet at the same time, they are the biggest financiers of the spread of Islam, printing free Qurans, building mosques and madrassas, etc.

The Saudi Arabian monarchy is a primary cause of nearly every single problem in the Muslim world today. It is their commanding the pledge of allegiance from the Muslims whilst taking for intimate companions the neocolonialist West that has led to the divisions, autocracy, war and oppression against the Muslim Ummah.
Wrong again. The single biggest problem facing Muslims worldwide is sectarianism, and that it promoted and perpetuated by many sides. Even on the ISOC thread on here you have Sunnis calling Shias "deviant" and "a cancer on the face of Islam". And everyone persecutes the Ahmadiyya. Yes, Saudi Arabia are major players in this, but they are far from the only ones.

Article 5 of the Saudi Constitution clearly states that "The system of government in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is that of a monarchy." Yet the Quran tells us very clearly about what kings do where it says that "Surely the kings, when they enter a town, ruin it and make the noblest of its people to be low, and thus they always do" [27:34].
King, Caliph, Prophet, whatever you call a supreme authoritarian ruler, it amounts to the same. It's not like Muhammad and his successors didn't invade and conquer other lands.
Also, that verse is about a specific event between the Queen of Sheba and Solomon. "Context" remember?

The Saudi banking system operates under interest (riba) which Sharia law strictly forbids.
Saudi greed has totally replaced Islamic banking with the interest capitalist method.
These are just 2 examples of Saudi not following the Quranic laws rather following what they impose on others to be Islamic
How does that change where Saudi judges get the idea of crucifixion from? It is specifically prescribed in the Quran as a punishment for serious crimes. The Saudi bank paying interest to investor soonest change that!
Reply 50
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
When a country has as much oil as Saudi Arabia and are also allies with the west, they can get away with just about anything.
How does that excuse the imposition of barbaric, medieval punishments prescribed by Islam?
Reply 51
Original post by RJomana
Furthermore Saudi follows the more extreme Wahabbi interpretation of the Quran which is disregarded by many Islamic scholars.
What does "extreme" actually mean here? It appears that it simply means "actually sticking to what the Quran and sunnah say, rather than disregarding those parts that are not considered unacceptable by modern, civilised society".
Surely, given the claims made about islam by itself and Muslims, you should approve of a version of Islam that sticks as closely as possible to the version practiced in 7th century Arabia by Muhammad and his followers, rather than a version cherry-picked and sanitised to conform to the standards of western, liberal democracies?
I think your issue is that you may not like what they view as a crime and the punishments they may have for different crimes. If you disagree, you disagree. But this does mean their due process is a joke. Personally I do not like the fact that some rapists in Britain can get out of jail after a few years but you know your due process is fine generally and it would be unfair to attack your due process just because I didn't like your punishments.

I think in London there is a university where they display a famous corpse or part of that famous person's corpse. They dress it up and put it behind glass. Only 20-30 years ago, some rival students from different university would steal the head of the corpse for fun. I think part of Einstein's brain was also up for display in some western countries museum or something. So you do display corpses and body parts of dead people where there is no need to. You just do it for different reasons.

Their law system is based upon sharia law which I don't particularly like no.If we are going to have a death penalty it should only be for particularly henious crimes like murder or child abuse.The problem is that it shouldn't really be about revenge.Otherwise we'd let the victims families decide a sentence which would just result in mob mentality.The sentence should fit the crime but neither should it amount to torture.Thats what's separates good people from bad people.We don't kill for fun.In my view the law should be as dispassionate as possible without letting emotions cloud the facts.But you have to have a high standard of proof.Even in the USA many innocent people have been convicted.

.And I agree with the corpses thing.Personally I do think it's pretty disrespectful to put somebody's body on display.It doesn't really make it better when we do it either.But it's not really like we're displaying it to scare people or to terrify them into submission.Those bodies are usually displayed for educational purposes in museums.Not saying it's right but they are different reasons.The way the Saudis do it is clearly meant to be a demonstration of power and a lesson to the populace.
Original post by johnny.snow
Not really news - dont see how its different to the US (or any other country using CP).

If you weren't trying so hard to be contrarian you would know that most societies (in fact, every society in the world bar Saudi Arabia and ISIS) have come to regard certain methods of execution as excessively distasteful and contrary to basic human dignity, such as beheading and crucifixion.

you are right that capital punishment is inherently egregious and ought to be abolished globally, but your false equivalence and attempt to minimise the disgusting nature of Saudi Arabia's hundreds of beheadings per year, half on non-violent charges, is not convincing
MMmm. .....This could be why I voted for Brexit and a more stricter policy of reducing immigration as and when possible .
Original post by Johnny English
MMmm. .....This could be why I voted for Brexit and a more stricter policy of reducing immigration as and when possible .

The U.K. already controls non-EU immigration.
Reply 56
Presumably, KSA doesn't think that their punishments are excessive, but does think that our strip clubs and pole dancers are? So, who is right? The answer is 'no-one'. There will never be a resolution to any of this (unless it's by force) as the to-ing and fro-ing of arguments on this thread shows. These never-ending arguments is the reason why people tend to group together according to world-view, and don't like living in alien-to-them environments (despite what politicians and businesss interests might want) - because you'll never get any peace!
well there's something the Saudis are doing right 👏
Original post by Palmyra
If you weren't trying so hard to be contrarian you would know that most societies (in fact, every society in the world bar Saudi Arabia and ISIS) have come to regard certain methods of execution as excessively distasteful and contrary to basic human dignity, such as beheading and crucifixion.

you are right that capital punishment is inherently egregious and ought to be abolished globally, but your false equivalence and attempt to minimise the disgusting nature of Saudi Arabia's hundreds of beheadings per year, half on non-violent charges, is not convincing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDO6HV6xTmI

Not really doubting it's a shithole.

Also by "not really news" I meant isnt it really common knowledge for them to behead people in chop chop square?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Stalin
There's a difference between a bullet to the back of the head and being tortured until death.

And this is the sort of thing that Saudi Arabia are well known for...

Saudi Arabia have very inhumane penalties in place for most things. Crucifying someone is very inhumane. Chopping someone's hand or foot off, or gauging someone's eye out (in the case of lesser crimes) are also extremely inhumane. Yet Saudi Arabia somehow gets away with this.

Inhumane stuff like this needs to be brought to global human rights companies and global companies like the UN. and harsh sanctions given to countries like Saudi. Yes, have suitable penalties for the crimes committed, but don't have sickening and inhumane stuff like this.

Quick Reply

Latest