The Student Room Group

Being white somehow not a defence against arrest

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45119326

A woman who was arrested after speeding through a stop sign asked police to let her off because s he is a "a clean, thoroughbred white girl", officers say.
The arresting officer, who is white, detailed in his official report how Lauren Cutshaw, 32, appealed to him for special treatment based on her race.
When asked why, Ms Cutshaw replied: "You're a cop; you should know what that means," the report states.
She was arrested on Saturday night and also charged with drug possession.
Ms Cutshaw was stopped after she drove through a stop sign at 60mph (96km/h) in Bluffton, South Carolina.

As officers began investigating, she argued why she should not be arrested.
Ms Cutshaw told officers she had perfect grades her whole life, was a cheerleader and sorority girl, had graduated from a "high accredited university" and that her partner was a police officer, according to a law enforcement report viewed by local news site The Island Packet.
"Making statements such as these as a means to justify not being arrested are unusual in my experience as a law enforcement officer and I believe further demonstrate the suspect's level of intoxication," the officer's report stated.
When she was pulled over, Ms Cutshaw's blood alcohol level registered at 0.18% - the legal limit is 0.08% - and she failed sobriety tests.
Her eyes were bloodshot and glossy and she was slurring her words, police say.
She reportedly told officers she only drank two glasses of wine at an upmarket restaurant, saying: "I mean, I was celebrating my birthday".
Police also found marijuana and related paraphernalia in her car. According to the report, Ms Cutshaw said she "may have" smoked earlier that evening.
Ms Cutshaw has been booked in the Beaufort County Detention Center.
She faces drink-driving, speeding and marijuana possession charges.

What is the world coming to when the police won't even recognise your whiteness as a defence against arrest? PC gone mad.
Reply 1
I worry for the future of this planet...

o h no :'((( *cue world's smallest violin*
Of course, the Beeb had to show an interest in the whole thing. In the middle of nowhere, by people we've never heard of, of absolute no consequence to the world in any shape or form... the public simply have to be informed of it. Race, that buzz word that gets them all excited in the newsroom...
(edited 5 years ago)
"thoroughbred" I'm even more amused that she compares herself to a racehorse.
Original post by zhog
Of course, the Beeb had to show an interest in the whole thing. In the middle of nowhere, by people we've never heard of, of absolute no consequence to the world in any shape or form... the public simply have to be informed of it. Race, that buzz word that gets them all excited in the newsroom...

This.

One of the main reasons why this is the case is because of the recent culture of outrage concocted by the progressives.

Stories about race sell.

Honestly, liberals are more obsessed by race than the far right.
Original post by zhog

Yesterday the BBC showed an interest in the arrest of a woman we have never heard of in the middle of no where and of absolutely no consequence because of cows.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-45120994/cows-help-cops-catch-car-chase-suspect

I know it is fashionable among a certain type of impotent keyboard warrior to assume the liberal establishment/biased BBC/whatever are involved in some grand conspiracy. A more reasoned perspective is they simply pick up cases of comical arrests from local news outlets and repeat them.
Original post by Sulfolobus
I know it is fashionable among a certain type of impotent keyboard warrior to assume the liberal establishment/biased BBC/whatever are involved in some grand conspiracy.
You're seeing something that isn't there, it may look that way to you but it isn't real. I don't think they are 'involved in some grand conspiracy', I criticize them where I see fit because I am legally compelled into funding it. Sky can be whatever they like, the Beeb are a public service and everyone is entitled to an opinion.
A more reasoned perspective is they simply pick up cases of comical arrests from local news outlets and repeat them.
Actually, that isn't reasoned enough for me because I don't see it as that simple. There is a pattern of similar non-stories picked up from the US, cheap and easy, sharing the racial element as the only possible point of interest to someone. Any whiff of a demonstration of 'white supremacy' in the middle of some American desert will be picked up and amplified to news to the world by the BBC, by editorial decree. I question the levels of 'public interest' in their output at times and also happen to think that there is already more than enough talk about 'race' than is good for race relations. I don't see it as a conspiracy, they'd do it in their sleep.
A woman who was arrested after speeding through a stop sign asked police to let her off because s he is a "a clean, thoroughbred white girl", officers say.

Clearly not all true. She looks white and may be thoroughbred, but...
Original post by Occitanie

Honestly, liberals are more obsessed by race than the far right.

Ain't dat true.🤔
Reply 10
The news story is much funnier than the predictable replies in this thread.
Original post by Sulfolobus
"thoroughbred" I'm even more amused that she compares herself to a racehorse.

Were she truly a thoroughbred she would know that white horses are actually called greys :moon:
But that said, I would give me left nut to **** that gut.
Reply 13
Original post by It's****ingWOODY

Clearly not all true. She looks white and may be thoroughbred, but...

The description makes her sound like a horse..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending