The Student Room Group

Family removed from BA flight after 3 year old can’t stop crying

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/british-airways-family-removed-flight-13055735

The family claim that BA forced them to leave the plane after the child starting crying, they have also claimed racial discrimination.

BA claim the plane was forced to return to its stands after the family refused the buckle the child in despite numerous requests.
A sky news article on this https://news.sky.com/story/indian-family-thrown-off-british-airways-flight-over-crying-child-11466706.

I find the mirror does not load properly on my IPad (this may just be me though)
parents should have kept their child quiet then🤷
Original post by JaydorIV
parents should have kept their child quiet then🤷

And if BA are telling the truth put his seatbelt on when the cabin crew tell you.
May be a bit far, but in all honesty, I'd be relieved if I were another passenger on that plane :redface: Kid screaming for hours? Na.
Original post by Anygy
May be a bit far, but in all honesty, I'd be relieved if I were another passenger on that plane :redface: Kid screaming for hours? Na.

A screaming child on a plane is a nightmare. Plus if they also refused to follow simple safety instructions regarding the seatbelt they deserve to be removed from the flight.
Screaming kids on planes is not fun at all :angry:
Reply 7
i'm sure BA had a good reason. you don't turn a plane around and cause a delay unless you think not-turning around would be worse.
Reply 8
They took that family off because they wouldn't buckle up the kid- fair

But why (apparently) kick off the other Indian family?
As the aircraft started taxiing, Mr Pathak said: "The same crew member came again and shouted at my son that 'you keep quiet otherwise you will be thrown out of the window' and we would be offloaded.

It is hard to believe they were threatened with the window and if he can make that up... The other family evicted, it is hard to believe that was because they were Indian. Still, a lot of racial solidarity coming through social media.
(edited 5 years ago)
It’s obviously racism, BA kick all Indian passengers of their planes don’t you know. Even on the flights to the Indian cities they fly to
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Andrew97
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/british-airways-family-removed-flight-13055735

The family claim that BA forced them to leave the plane after the child starting crying, they have also claimed racial discrimination.

BA claim the plane was forced to return to its stands after the family refused the buckle the child in despite numerous requests.

I suspect we will be hearing what actually went on from other passengers. One of them may even have had a phone. :smile:
About time these crying kids are dealt with. I don't want to be disturbed by a crying kid
Original post by Miss Maddie
About time these crying kids are dealt with. I don't want to be disturbed by a crying kid

Triggered by a baby
Reply 14
Having spent countless long haul flights in the company of screaming children i'm loath to do anything but shake the hand of the BA crew here..
Not sure what the rules and regulations are about excessive screaming.

I can see a drunk person screaming being taken off the flight.

Certainly not fastening the seatbelt imo deserves to be taken off.
They got what they deserved , no need to bring race into it
Be quiet and respect your fellow passengers. Your children are your responsibility. Don't bring your child to an event if they're going to hate it.

Put those together and you have BA doing the right thing to some rubbish parents.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending