The Student Room Group

NATWEST Select Account (Everyday Bank Account) for International Students

Hi, anyone knows if International Student are able to open a Natwest Select Bank Account?

I tried searching AND searching to no avail. The only mention of International Student is on their Student Account which charges £10/Month which i dont want.

I want the free / no monthly fee ones but it doesnt state if International Students are eligible for it or not.

Anyone has any idea if it is possible?
Original post by cyw1994
Hi, anyone knows if International Student are able to open a Natwest Select Bank Account?

I tried searching AND searching to no avail. The only mention of International Student is on their Student Account which charges £10/Month which i dont want.

I want the free / no monthly fee ones but it doesnt state if International Students are eligible for it or not.

Anyone has any idea if it is possible?

The international student account and the £10 charge I think is new. it used to be free.
I believe you can open a select account as long as you are 18+ and a UK resident. Your nationality is not mentioned just that you are a UK resident i.e you love there as your home on a semi permanent basis.

Other banks will have international accounts and should be free as well. You just dont get the perks that UK students get
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
The international student account and the £10 charge I think is new. it used to be free.
I believe you can open a select account as long as you are 18+ and a UK resident. Your nationality is not mentioned just that you are a UK resident i.e you love there as your home on a semi permanent basis.

Other banks will have international accounts and should be free as well. You just dont get the perks that UK students get

Thanks! I didn't know as well! I just went to their website last night and surprised to see that charge per month! Was taken aback.

Anyway, does an International Student, like me, whom is on a Student Visa constitute as a UK Resident? I am actually not at all into those perks. I just need a bank and it seems Natwest is the best as of now.

I just don't see the worth paying 10GBP / month for NATWEST's Student Acc (International) for a few perks. I would rather choose their "Select Account" which is free and yet function the same, except without the Student Perks.

Right now, I just hope I will be able to open a "Select Account" with them... :frown:
Original post by cyw1994
Thanks! I didn't know as well! I just went to their website last night and surprised to see that charge per month! Was taken aback.

Anyway, does an International Student, like me, whom is on a Student Visa constitute as a UK Resident? I am actually not at all into those perks. I just need a bank and it seems Natwest is the best as of now.

I just don't see the worth paying 10GBP / month for NATWEST's Student Acc (International) for a few perks. I would rather choose their "Select Account" which is free and yet function the same, except without the Student Perks.

Right now, I just hope I will be able to open a "Select Account" with them... :frown:

It wasnt there last year as far as I recall and they are hiding it behind free Amazon Prime.

Yes from when you are living here as your home. there are other banks besides Natwest
I wouldnt worry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending