The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Mature Students

Hi

Anyone starting Hull uni as a mature,student in September. Would love to chat.
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
I'm starting this September :smile: will be 23 in October. Nervous but excited :biggrin:
You will be great, I started in 2016 and was 23 at the time, I found my course to have a few mature students and we really clicked. I am going into third year In September, feel free to ask any questions. I'm here to help.
Reply 4
hi i'm due to start in September and i'm 31
hi I'm starting at scunthorpe uni in September I'm 43 😱 very nervous but enjoying all the reading they give me before September
Reply 6
I’m starting at Hull in September, I’m 27. What are you studying?
Hi there, I'll be 46 and starting my LLB in Sept.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, have had loads of things to set out. Laos fighting a case of my own at the moment due ago a non fault RTA.

Original post by Sue97a
Hi

(edited 5 years ago)
As a law student we haven't even been given a reading list yet! I tend to panic and like to overly prepare (its what the OU does to you!). I'm not bothering with freshers much as it doesn't interest me.

Original post by ajgalyer74
hi I'm starting at scunthorpe uni in September I'm 43 😱 very nervous but enjoying all the reading they give me before September
Reply 9
Original post by Sue97a
Hi

V
Original post by TSR_Ollie
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Hi, I am a mature student starting soon, I'm 38. Doing Criminology with a Foundation Year. Jane x
Reply 10
Original post by Beaconsman
As a law student we haven't even been given a reading list yet! I tend to panic and like to overly prepare (its what the OU does to you!). I'm not bothering with freshers much as it doesn't interest me.

Oh Law - what modules are you on? I did Law as a mature student and had to leave due to illness.

am going back this year (15 years later) and starting on the foundation joint honours doing criminology as that’s one I’d my favourite modules.

The law degree is interesting but oh I couldn’t stand land law!

Good luck to everyone whatever university you are going to this month ;-)
Original post by JemimaJ
Oh Law - what modules are you on? I did Law as a mature student and had to leave due to illness.

am going back this year (15 years later) and starting on the foundation joint honours doing criminology as that’s one I’d my favourite modules.

The law degree is interesting but oh I couldn’t stand land law!

Good luck to everyone whatever university you are going to this month ;-)

Hi, unfortunately I left Hull due to disability and access issues etc..travel time was horrific..I quit, went back to OU. (BSc Open)..

Quick Reply