The Student Room Group

Got kicked out of a restaurant because my dog kept barking

I took my dog to a 'dog-friendly' restaurant and just because it was barking loud for a while they told me to leave. When I tried to explain to them its a dog , that's what dogs do- they were having none of it. Is it possible for me to complain to anyone about this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Fitting username
Reply 2
Why not just move on. Hardly a big deal.
Reply 3
Original post by Rezwan_
Why not just move on. Hardly a big deal.

Because its disgusting that they got upset about a dog barking- Its what dogs do.
What is weird about it is the restaurant is suppose to be a "DOG FRIENDLY" restaurant. I guess it is the restaurants preference to do what is is going to do, but it is pretty much contradicting itself by saying they are dog friendly.
Original post by dogowner
I took my dog to a 'dog-friendly' restaurant and just because it was barking loud for a while they told me to leave. When I tried to explain to them its a dog , that's what dogs do- they were having none of it. Is it possible for me to complain to anyone about this?

If you can't control your dog then don't take it to places. A dog-friendly restaurant would obviously expect all dogs to be reasonably quiet. Other customers are paying to enjoy their meals in a quiet atmosphere, not to be disturbed by your dog. Were other dogs in there making a similar amount of noise? I doubt it as they only asked you to leave. They had every right to ask you to leave and I'm glad they did.
Reply 6
Original post by Swedish-Meatball
What is weird about it is the restaurant is suppose to be a "DOG FRIENDLY" restaurant. I guess it is the restaurants preference to do what is is going to do, but it is pretty much contradicting itself by saying they are dog friendly.

I tried telling them that but they said the dogs been loudly barking repeatedly for the past 1 hour and a half and it is disturbing other people. Yeah my dog may have been barking constantly but THAT'S WHAT DOGS DO.
Reply 7
Original post by Glassapple
If you can't control your dog then don't take it to places. A dog-friendly restaurant would obviously expect all dogs to be reasonably quiet. Other customers are paying to enjoy their meals in a quiet atmosphere, not to be disturbed by your dog. Were other dogs in there making a similar amount of noise? I doubt it as they only asked you to leave. They had every right to ask you to leave and I'm glad they did.

It's disgusting. Probably some stupid dog hater complained. Dogs have every right to be in restaurants just like people. I would spending time with a barking dog any day than a crying spoilt stupid little brat. :angry:
I tried telling them that but they said the dogs been loudly barking repeatedly for the past 1 hour and a half and it is disturbing other people. Yeah my dog may have been barking constantly but THAT'S WHAT DOGS DO.
Did it seem like it was bothering the other people and other dogs there?
Reply 9
Did it seem like it was bothering the other people and other dogs there?

It was the only dog there. Who cares if it was bothering other people? If people get annoyed about other dogs barking loudly for over an hour then **** them.
Dogs also **** in public. Thats what dogs do. Would you also expect the restaurant to let your dog **** there, because that's what dogs do?
Reply 11
Original post by neveroddoreven
Dogs also **** in public. Thats what dogs do. Would you also expect the restaurant to let your dog **** there, because that's what dogs do?

Yes. As long as I cleaned it up after they shouldn't have a problem with it.
It was the only dog there. Who cares if it was bothering other people? If people get annoyed about other dogs barking loudly for over an hour then **** them.
Well they are in an establishment that is suppose to allow dogs so people should be OK with barking. I would honestly just let it go though and never go back to the place.
I’ve been to dog friendly establishments (with my own dog). The general expectation is ‘well behaved dogs’ ☺️
Humans ****. Doesn’t mean I do it in the middle of a resturant I would expect to be removed.
Learn to control your dog maybe?
Well they are in an establishment that is suppose to allow dogs so people should be OK with barking. I would honestly just let it go though and never go back to the place.

So if I go to any restaurant in general I should be ok with screaming kids since they allow kids into the place? Or are you one of those people who thinks its ok to get annoyed about crying babies however if you get annoyed by dogs barking then you are a disgusting person? :angry:
You're supposed to keep your dog quiet, even if it's a dog friendly restaurant
(edited 5 years ago)

But OP also thinks the dog should be allowed to **** in the restaurant as long as he cleans it up. OP is just unreasonable
Original post by gjkjfkjdf
So if I go to any restaurant in general I should be ok with screaming kids since they allow kids into the place? Or are you one of those people who thinks its ok to get annoyed about crying babies however if you get annoyed by dogs barking then you are a disgusting person? :angry:

No, you misunderstood me. If I was in a restaurant or airplane with screaming kids that is part of what they do and I would totally understand that and really sympathize with the parents with the child. I would never be annoyed by a screaming/crying child or barking dog.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending