The Student Room Group

A levels Results Day

How likely is Cambridge going to accept me if slightly miss the required grades?

I’m expected to have A*AA
What if I got A*AB?
Or
A*A*B?

What are my chances?

Scroll to see replies

From everything I have heard and read your chances are precisely zero if you miss your grades.
Ahh great! Glad you didn’t sugar coat it - thanks though, at least I’m aware
Original post by PreciousSapphire
How likely is Cambridge going to accept me if slightly miss the required grades?

What if I got A*AB?
Or
A*A*B?

What are my chances?

Very slim I'd say, but it depends on your course and college I guess.

What if I got A*AB?
Or
A*A*B?

What are my chances?

Depends on many factors (course, other offer holders in the same position, summer pool?, etc...) so it would be hard for anyone on this site to give a specific likelihood of whether or not you'll be accepted as a near miss offer holder. Let's hope it doesn't come to that, Fingers are crossed for you for results day :smile: Hope everything goes well and you meet your offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What if I got A*AB?
Or
A*A*B?

What are my chances?

Relatable 😅
Reply 6
If you miss your personal offer but meet the web offer of your course you have decent chances
Original post by wolfmoon88
Depends on many factors (course, other offer holders in the same position, summer pool?, etc...) so it would be hard for anyone on this site to give a specific likelihood of whether or not you'll be accepted as a near miss offer holder. Let's hope it doesn't come to that, Fingers are crossed for you for results day :smile: Hope everything goes well and you meet your offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for the information. Like you said, fingers crossed it doesn’t come to that!😪
Thank you for the information. Like you said, fingers crossed it doesn’t come to that!😪

If it helps... I know of person who have gotten in before as near miss applicants in a similar situation as you have mentioned. (For a popular college and course as well I believe) Fingers crossed everything will be ok though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
If it helps... I know of person who have gotten in before as near miss applicants in a similar situation as you have mentioned. (For a popular college and course as well I believe) Fingers crossed everything will be ok though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes yes yes! That does help, I can breathe easier till Wednesday evening & that’s all that matters. Thank you, you’ve been a great help!
Yes yes yes! That does help, I can breathe easier till Wednesday evening & that’s all that matters. Thank you, you’ve been a great help!

No problem :smile: good luck! (just realised my grammar in the previous message was a bit off :/ :lol:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11

What if I got A*AB?
Or
A*A*B?

What are my chances?

Have a look at the Cambridge ATs thread here, and read his FAQ...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5514936
Cambridge confirmation queries - ask the Admissions Team

Which course is this for?

PS. I've moved you to the Cambridge forum :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know someone who was accepted even though they missed by one grade so fingers crossed :smile:
If your performance during the interview is really outstanding, there is a chance. Otherwise, it is zero.
Original post by Doonesbury
Have a look at the Cambridge ATs thread here, and read his FAQ...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5514936
Cambridge confirmation queries - ask the Admissions Team

Which course is this for?

PS. I've moved you to the Cambridge forum :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The course is psychological and behavioural science (PBS)
Reply 15
The course is psychological and behavioural science (PBS)

And what do you think you might have got the B in? Hypothetically...
Reply 16

What if I got A*AB?
Or
A*A*B?

What are my chances?

It's not my intention to give you a false hope but a friend of mine got in with A*AB for HSPS.
Unfortunately not good at all.

I know when I did my first a levels (i'm doing an additional one now to change career at 21 yrs old) and, he belonged at Cambridge. He was smart academically and actually intelligent to talk to, the guy was nice and extremely intelligent.

He got A*A*B, missed that last A by 1 mark. They refused to take him for it, even when he remarked the paper and got that 1 mark to get the A - they'd already given decided. He argued, but because the terms of the offer were broken at the time they reserved the right to decline him (basically because it was only just an A they declined him).
Original post by Doonesbury
And what do you think you might have got the B in? Hypothetically...

English as that is my weaker subject
Original post by Fox12
It's not my intention to give you a false hope but a friend of mine got in with A*AB for HSPS.

In all honesty, false hope is a great way of getting through the remaining days, so I’ll accept it😂. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending