The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I know a lot of self-hating black men put white women on a pedestal while insulting black women on social media.

But I think this works both ways.

Let's ask @ANM775 :wink:
Original post by Haviland-Tuf
I know a lot of self-hating black men put white women on a pedestal while insulting black women on social media.

Where do you think the self-hate comes from?
Why can’t it be love? I guess a few cause of the BBC stereotype but its mostly love like a normal relationship.
Original post by Haviland-Tuf

I love both black and white girls. Does that make me a self hating black man?
Original post by hungrycat101
Why are interracial relationships so high, especially with black men? i get some might be for love but come on now...

I honestly think it’s to do with the whole obsession of “Beautiful mixed babies” and stereotypically good looking “light skin” people. But obviously not all interracial couples are based in this
Big diqqqq
Original post by Rainfall
Why can’t it be love? I guess a few cause of the BBC stereotype but its mostly love like a normal relationship.

Imo i think its kinda like a trend these days to be with a black man. its sort of 'cool' in a weird way.
Original post by Ikhan1
I honestly think it’s to do with the whole obsession of “Beautiful mixed babies” and stereotypically good looking “light skin” people. But obviously not all interracial couples are based in this

this is extremely problematic.
Original post by Professional G

No you are not from what you are describing. I'm talking about black men who exclusively say they date white women only because that's their 'preference'.
Imo i think its kinda like a trend these days to be with a black man. its sort of 'cool' in a weird way.

People want that baby with light skin, soft soft hair and bright eyes. People have a fetish for mixed race babies.
Original post by Professional G

As long as you dont degrade black women preferences are okay
Why are interracial relationships so high, especially with black men? i get some might be for love but come on now...

I don't really think black men have a fetish for white women particularly - using myself and my friends/most black people at my school as examples.
I personally don't have big racial preferences although I do prefer darker skin a little.
I think white girls and light skin biracials (light skin in general) feed of the high praise black guys give them :rolleyes:
There's a stereotype that black men have bigger penises so it might be because of that.
Reply 15
Anyone of any race can have a race fetish, it isn't limited to white girls.
Original post by isiaiah d
I don't really think black men have a fetish for white women particularly - using myself and my friends/most black people at my school as examples.
I personally don't have big racial preferences although I do prefer darker skin a little.

But you got to admit ALOT of men will go for lighties just cus regardless how she looks
Original post by Anonymous
There's a stereotype that black men have bigger penises so it might be because of that.

The stereotype hasn’t failed me
for all the ones I’ve been with
But you got to admit ALOT of men will go for lighties just cus regardless how she looks

Definately true but most black men I know would go for a dark skinned be lack woman than a white women. True though most black men I know prefer light skins to dark skins I have little preference but
Kelly Rowland is a little fitter than Beyonce ngl
Personally I think yes this happens with people some of the time. In every community.
There are select people who do fetishise people of colour. Some of these people want “the black fantasy” of a big member with men or even a large booty and thin waist with women- and they’re often called “thicc” which if any woman labels herself that way I think is more empowering. But I can’t speak for women because I’m not a woman.
With Asian women some are fetishised by people because stereotypically Asians have always been considered more feminine. This same effect works against Asian men- especially in the lgbt community, where the phrase “no fats, no fems, no Asians” is commonly used on hookup apps such as Grindr because some men see femininity as weak so usually avoid it stupidly.
Stereotypes pertaining to different people are always prevalent unfortunately and sometimes this becomes fetishising behaviour towards one particular group of people or brings out the worst in others where they then display their racist tendencies and actively avoid a particular group of people due to various stereotypes

Latest

Trending

Trending