The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Employment wise hard work/loyalty means nothing in the end, especially to those at the very top to whom you're a statistic.
you can't be fazed by a phase or a craze
Noticing these things is the first step to changing them to your advantage...
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 63
idk how to explain it but the only person whose loyal to you is yourself and god, the love of your life can cheat on you, your parents can abuse/disown you, ur friends can betray you, at the end of the day it you by yourself.

Another one is, the people who are closest to you are the most jealous of your success because youve come from the same place and are doing better than them (my experiences)
There probably isnt a God
Original post by johnny.snow
There probably isnt a God

Well that's not bitter, it's great. Are you sad now that you know there is no god?
Original post by iamElectro
Well that's not bitter, it's great. Are you sad now that you know there is no god?

Sux that theres no karma in life - i mean if at least karma existed then i wouldnt mind
Two things, they may be related: 1) No matter how hard you try, you can always look back and say "I could have done so much better". 2) We judge others by different standards to ourselves: what we condemn the most in others (apathy, a need for dominance and greed for me) are our own deepest flaws projected onto those who surround us.
Original post by Little Popcorns
Noticing these things it’s the first step to changing them to your advantage...

I completely agree, life is is all we have, so we must make the most of our lot in it (hopefully by changing the system from gambling to something fairer [the Mafia Game?], maybe this metaphor has gone too far).
Original post by CornetPerson
I completely agree, life is is all we have, so we must make the most of our lot in it (hopefully by changing the system from gambling to something fairer [the Mafia Game?], maybe this metaphor has gone too far).

Wateva
Life is far easier when you're dead inside.
We're all insignificant and nothing really matters.
Karma does exist, whether you believe in God or not.

Karma sorted out all the school bullies that made my life miserable, along with the useless teacher that egged them on.
I am sure that one day it will repay the karmic overdraft of the paedophile who destroyed my uncle's life.

Original post by johnny.snow
Sux that theres no karma in life - i mean if at least karma existed then i wouldnt mind
Original post by AngryJellyfish
That just because Entertainment Exists, it doesn't necessarily mean people will post there. :moon:

LOL
Reply 74
That you can not trust ANYONE
People aren't what they seem.
Reply 76
People are replaceable, the only thing you should care about is money and looks.
a lot of people aren't going to heaven.
Original post by JaydorIV
a lot of people aren't going to heaven.

Nor hell, cuz neither of those exist.
Original post by iamElectro
Nor hell, cuz neither of those exist.

says the fool.

Latest