The Student Room Group

Strong dislike for my sister.

My sister is an aggressive, rude, spoilt and horrible person who will belittle both my parents and I. She would be extremely disrespectful to my parents, despite everything they do for her (e.g. cook food for her all the time, wait for her to finish work to eat dinner together, wash her clothes, give her money), yet she will still yell at them & treat them like slaves. She isn't at home everyday, she stays round her friend's house frequently and she would only be at home occasionally to bring back laundry for my mum to wash for her.

She would say things like she hates home and she would "obviously move out" if she could but it costs too much so "of course" she's going to stay at home for now since she doesn't have to pay.

She will be negative about everything and anyone, because to her everyone is below her, regardless of what age they are or what profession they have - so of course she treats me 100% more worse than she treats my parents since I'm younger than her. She genuinely doesn't care for me at all. I was recently diagnosed with a health problem and she said I'm stupid and useless.

She never helps out around the house, doesn't clean her room, gets angry whenever any of us buy things (with our own money), there's so much more I could list but its gotten to the point where I'm fed up with her and I can't deal with it anymore. For someone who is so family orientated and would do anything for my family, I can't stand seeing someone who goes beyond the definition of "rude" to their family and to everyone in general.

She gets worse by the day and makes me feel more dislike for her. I used to be able to put up with it but now it's too much and I genuinely feel a strong dislike for her. My parents still love and care for her despite the way she treats them, but I can't seem to do that because the things she says, the way she behaves, just everything triggers me and I don't know what to do anymore. I used to still try love and care for her but when it isn't reciprocated and is instead heading in the opposite direction, I don't see the point.

I don't think its normal to dislike your siblings, everyone around me seems to have a close loving relationship with their siblings but I'm stuck with waiting for the day where either I or she moves out because I know for sure that when that happens, we won't see each other again.

I hate having this negative feeling all the time because the moment she steps into the room I get this weird feeling inside and I just stay silent and avoid all contact with her because I don't want to be involved with her. I don't know what to do because my parents want us to get along but I can't bring myself to anymore because we're polar opposites and I've had enough of her.

Any advice on how to overcome this feeling? :frown:
encourage your parents to beat her with a rod so she has some respect for you and your parents.

or kick her out until she changes her ways and apologies.

or there's something going on with her and is unfortunately taking it out on you.

I'm assuming she's late teens early 20s
Reply 2
Count yourself lucky that this is your younger sister.
I have an older sister who steals from me, bullies me and sponges off her parent's at age 32.
I will cut her off when I have the chance to move away and so should you if your sister doesn't grow up.
People should not be the subject of other peoples evil family or not.
Reply 3
Original post by JaydorIV
encourage your parents to beat her with a rod so she has some respect for you and your parents.

or kick her out until she changes her ways and apologies.

or there's something going on with her and is unfortunately taking it out on you.

I'm assuming she's late teens early 20s

She is 23
Reply 4
Original post by wisetrip
Count yourself lucky that this is your younger sister.
I have an older sister who steals from me, bullies me and sponges off her parent's at age 32.
I will cut her off when I have the chance to move away and so should you if your sister doesn't grow up.
People should not be the subject of other peoples evil family or not.

She is my older sister, I am 20 and she’s is 23. I think at this rate I will have to put up with it until one of us moves out because I honestly can’t bring myself to love her anymore when all she does is belittle my parents and I and says horrible hurtful things. She doesn’t love us one bit and neither do I.
Original post by Anonymous
She is 23

damn! that's unfortunate.
Your parents should be setting down some ground rules.
If she's living in your house(well parents) for free, she should be earning her place by helping out. I know for some people their parents would be charging rent at that age to still be in the house. She needs to become more reponsible
I have the same issue and my sister is 26, my mother is a single parent and at the moment isn't speaking to her. I'm incredibly frustrated and she's unbearable, she treats everyone poorly and becomes a completely different person when people come around. She fully believes everyone is below her and she's untouchable. She treats everyone poorly and is beyond entitled. I am very family-oriented and I've never seen any of my friends facing this issue, she's physical and gets temperamental and violent towards my mother and me for we cannot retaliate without her breaking things. My brother used to engage but she didn't take chances with him often, they stopped talking for 2 years at one point but now my brother allows her poor behavior and allows her to act like an out of control animal for he realized that's the only option he has to maintain any sort of peace for a certain period until he moves out. I don't know what to do and am beyond frustrated.I'm at my wit's end. She's gotten in a major fight and argument with everyone in the household but still refuses to take ownership of her out of control psycho behavior.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending