The Student Room Group

Is this illegal?

If there is an online assessment for a job, is it illegal if someone takes the test for you? If Person A was out of the country and needed to complete an online application form, would it be illegal for PersonB to fill it out (with information provided by PersonA) and then complete a short online assessment so PersonA could get the interview? Thanks
Is fraud illegal? Yes
Original post by That'sGreat
If there is an online assessment for a job, is it illegal if someone takes the test for you? If Person A was out of the country and needed to complete an online application form, would it be illegal for PersonB to fill it out (with information provided by PersonA) and then complete a short online assessment so PersonA could get the interview? Thanks

Yes OP, this is illegal and would be classfied as fraud.
Can't person A get access to the Internet?

Its illegal but I am sure many people do it and dont get caught
Original post by cbaforcba
Its illegal but I am sure many people do it and dont get caught

Unless the employer gets the applicant to redo the stage at the interview....:curious:
Yes, usually this would be mentioned somewhere before you take the exam.

For a previous job I applied for, they asked me to do an online assessment and they said even if I got someone to do it for me, they would ask me to do it again at the assessment centre anyway - I guess this was put in place to filter out cheaters.

Speaking of common sense, there is no a statute that makes it criminal to do such things and clearly it is not criminal hence you are not breaking any Law. However, all institutions and businesses have their own “terms and conditions “, this dictates their relationship with clients/employees. “Terms and conditions” may set consequences for certain actions of its employees. The worst and furthest that they can go is to terminate the persons employment, but they must have solid grounds to that.
Original post by MathsLove
Speaking of common sense, there is no a statute that makes it criminal to do such things and clearly it is not criminal hence you are not breaking any Law. However, all institutions and businesses have their own “terms and conditions “, this dictates their relationship with clients/employees. “Terms and conditions” may set consequences for certain actions of its employees. The worst and furthest that they can go is to terminate the persons employment, but they must have solid grounds to that.

It would come under the law of 'obtaining money by deception' so yes its illegal.

The issue you will have is if your interview is based on the answers. You wont know how the other person phrased your answers so at best they would think you're extremely nervous and don't perform well under pressure. At worst they will know you didn't complete it yourself and you won't ever be able to work for them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending