The Student Room Group

would you consider my eyes to be hazel or green?

Poll

color?

i'd mostly like to know u guy's opinion because a) i can't get a clear answer from people and am curious b) i've been struggling to find an eyeshadow shade that suits me well! [advice on this would be appreciated!!]

please excuse my poorly applied eyeshadow in pic #1 and the general uncomfortable nature of looking at super zoomed in images of my eyes :wink:
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Green x
Green eyes have green/blue/grey in them (mainly green though for obvious reasons)
Hazel eyes have green and brown in tgem. The centre of your eye is very brown.
So I'd say hazel. Maybe try using a colour chart?
Original post by MaizieAmyr
Green eyes have green/blue/grey in them (mainly green though for obvious reasons)
Hazel eyes have green and brown in tgem. The centre of your eye is very brown.
So I'd say hazel. Maybe try using a colour chart?

hmm i read that purple is a good shade for eyes with green in it but i really want something more subtle for day to day? not sure what would work then like a neutral shade? smokey eye has never looked good on me
Original post by Sadieh2000
i'd mostly like to know u guy's opinion because a) i can't get a clear answer from people and am curious b) i've been struggling to find an eyeshadow shade that suits me well! [advice on this would be appreciated!!]

please excuse my poorly applied eyeshadow in pic #1 and the general uncomfortable nature of looking at super zoomed in images of my eyes :wink:

Nice eyes 👀
Reply 5
They look more green

People say I have hazel, you can make your own judgement down below
20180812_012232.jpg

Ik it looks more brown here but in person that's what people say

But regardless OP, you have very nice eyes
Original post by as125
They look more green

20180812_012232.jpg

Ur eyebrows are bigger than my forehead 😂
Reply 7
Original post by Boss987
Ur eyebrows are bigger than my forehead 😂

LMAO nah I cut the photo down to zoom into my eyes

They aren't like proper massive ygm

Spoiler

Original post by as125
LMAO nah I cut the photo down to zoom into my eyes

They aren't like proper massive ygm

Spoiler

Yeah igu.. 😂
Reply 9
Original post by as125
They look more green

20180812_012232.jpg

The flash doesn't shoe the colour properly.

Also your eyebrows woow
Original post by as125
They look more green

20180812_012232.jpg

ty!! you've got great ones as well :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by ab173
The flash doesn't shoe the colour properly.

Also your eyebrows woow

Yh i tried getting some light into it to show the colour but you can only really tell when the sun shines into them lol. (sorry if I sound like an idiot bragging)

Really? I tried cutting my eyebrows out of the picture because thought they would have looked bad but thank you very much. I try not to touch them that much lol
I see guys getting there eyebrows shaped and all and I'm thinking "The fook you doing bro?!"

But thanks 😁
Reply 12
Original post by as125
Yh i tried getting some light into it to show the colour but you can only really tell when the sun shines into them lol. (sorry if I sound like an idiot bragging)

Really? I tried cutting my eyebrows out of the picture because thought they would have looked bad but thank you very much. I try not to touch them that much lol
I see guys getting there eyebrows shaped and all and I'm thinking "The fook you doing bro?!"

But thanks 😁

Yeah I'm a girl and I still haven't cleaned my like wth

lmao don't worry I would post my eyes too but they're just brown not relavent in this post. Flash doesn't give the same effect as sunlight and hazel can be dark ish tbh
Reply 13
Original post by ab173
Yeah I'm a girl and I still haven't cleaned my like wth

lmao don't worry I would post my eyes too but they're just brown not relavent in this post. Flash doesn't give the same effect as sunlight and hazel can be dark ish tbh

Yh that's true, flash and sunlight are very different

But Sheet now I feel gassed because a girl complemented on my eyebrows. I heard most girls are like obsessed over eyebrows and getting the right shape and dimensions and velocity on them eyebrows and all that sheet 😂😂😂.
Reply 14
@Sadieh2000

Your eyes are hazelish with a clear green outlin.
Don't use purple....
Try to contrast them with warm redish earth tones you'll find them on most eyeshadow thingies
Or use pinkish soft shades with oranges they work well with green
Original post by ab173
@Sadieh2000

Your eyes are hazelish with a clear green outlin.
Don't use purple....
Try to contrast them with warm redish earth tones you'll find them on most eyeshadow thingies
Or use pinkish soft shades with oranges they work well with green

thanks for the advice!!:smile:
i actually recently bought the naked palette called "heat" which has a bunch of warmish tones like red and pink. problem is that i think they look so bad with my skin tone but look good with my eyes. no one has it all i guess?? lmao
Reply 16
Original post by as125
Yh that's true, flash and sunlight are very different

But Sheet now I feel gassed because a girl complemented on my eyebrows. I heard most girls are like obsessed over eyebrows and getting the right shape and dimensions and velocity on them eyebrows and all that sheet 😂😂😂.

Most girls that are not me lol. They would kill for dark thick brows like yours. But yeak they will still measuere and cut lmaoo and fill in the void lol. I mean they are just eyebrows comeon min take 30 sec and I'm pretty sure there is no product going on them lmao
Peng
Reply 18
Original post by Sadieh2000
thanks for the advice!!:smile:
i actually recently bought the naked palette called "heat" which has a bunch of warmish tones like red and pink. problem is that i think they look so bad with my skin tone but look good with my eyes. no one has it all i guess?? lmao

Don't use the dark reds on there if you're worried about matching your skin tone. Pinks would match your skin tone I think.

Np
Reply 19
Original post by ab173
Most girls that are not me lol. They would kill for dark thick brows like yours. But yeak they will still measuere and cut lmaoo and fill in the void lol. I mean they are just eyebrows comeon min take 30 sec and I'm pretty sure there is no product going on them lmao

Its a nice change. At least your not like them girls that spend two hours on their eyebrows plucking out 1 hair 😂.

And trust, they should only take like 30 seconds not hours. Even guys do it nowadays, like they get them shaped, tweezed, combed followed by them putting oil and sulphuric hydroxide all over them and all thay sheet and it's like "bro you're a guy what you doing?! you trying to look like gigi hadid or something?!"

Quick Reply

Latest