The Student Room Group

Best Exam Board for Economics?

I am looking to start self-teaching A-Level Economics with a view to complete the exams in 2019 and wanted to know what you guys think are the best exam boards to go for.

I am considering the quality of resources available, like the quality of the textbooks, tutorials available as well as how hard the exams are.
Original post by FusionHa
I am looking to start self-teaching A-Level Economics with a view to complete the exams in 2019 and wanted to know what you guys think are the best exam boards to go for.

I am considering the quality of resources available, like the quality of the textbooks, tutorials available as well as how hard the exams are.

Download the specification from each of the three main ones and see which you like best. I believe AQA would be the biggest and so has more chance of highest amount of resources.

Exams changed to linear in recent years, so the backlog of exam papers is not as large. If you are going to do the exam in a year then youd best get cracking.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Download the specification from each of the three main ones and see which you like best. I believe AQA would be the biggest and so has more chance of highest amount of resources.

Exams changed to linear in recent years, so the backlog of exam papers is not as large. If you are going to do the exam in a year then youd best get cracking.

Thank you for your post. I am able to dedicate about 2-3 hours per day to just Economics, and a further 3 hours to Mathematics, so I am hoping that is enough time to get me ready for the exams.

Does anybody have any thoughts as to which is the best exam board to go for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending