The Student Room Group

(manu)vering through year 12

1534027423326.jpg

hi all! i'm manu and i did a gcse gyg blog last year which i ended up really enjoying as i had a lot of freedom and was able to look back on my experience:smile: you can find it here
so alas, my year 12 gyg (with a better title!)
just thought i'd start this early so i can sort out the tag list and the op:smile:

my a-level choices are:
aqa english lit
aqa maths
aqa psychology

i'm not entirely sure what a-level grades i'm aiming for yet- maybe AAA?

in the future, i'd like to go into a career related to mental health- at the moment, mental health research is appealing to me the most. something related to eating disorders has also been at the back of my mind:ninja: if all doesn't work out or i have a change of mind, an alternate career would be primary school teaching.
if you'd like to be added to the quote list please tell me:biggrin:

academic info:

Spoiler

new quote list

Spoiler

test/exam results:

Spoiler

unis visited:

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Can I just say love the title omg and I’m glad you’ve made this study thread :smile:
Wish you the best with it and hope u achieve what you need x
Original post by roseprincessx
Can I just say love the title omg and I’m glad you’ve made this study thread :smile:
Wish you the best with it and hope u achieve what you need x

ah thank you! it took me a while to make and think of:lol:
good luck to you too! what year are you in?:smile:
Reply 3

dogdogdog:gah: thank you:love:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
ah thank you! it took me a while to make and think of:lol:
good luck to you too! what year are you in?:smile:

thank you :smile:
and I’ve just finished year 13, waiting on my results ahah and noo honestly it’s v creative I love it ahaha
thank you :smile:
and I’ve just finished year 13, waiting on my results ahah and noo honestly it’s v creative I love it ahaha

ah good luck with results! are you planning on a gap year or going to uni straightaway? what did you study?:smile:
:hugs:
Good luck!! (I'm terrible at nostalgic and long comments about how far you have come bla bla :cry:) Loving the title. :rofl:
I need to create a fancy banner thing for my GYG too. Very jealous of yours. :drool:
good luck manu!! tag me :biggrin:
Original post by une rock
good luck manu!! tag me :biggrin:

thank you! have done:biggrin:

Original post by MaizieAmyr
I need to create a fancy banner thing for my GYG too. Very jealous of yours. :drool:

Original post by MaizieAmyr
Good luck!! (I'm terrible at nostalgic and long comments about how far you have come bla bla :cry:) Loving the title. :rofl:

thank you:hugs:
i was just bored so i felt like making a banner:lol: and i'm pretty pleased with the title:lol:
definitely keep me on the tag list :hugs:
AND YASSS YOU FOUND A GOOD NAME ITS PERFECT!! me meanwhile :getmecoat:

i’ll send it in the group chat it’s really bad :giggle:
ah good luck with results! are you planning on a gap year or going to uni straightaway? what did you study?:smile:

Aww thank you :smile: and straight hopefully
I did bio chem and maths and I’ve applied for med lmaooo I am so scared for my grades
Aww thank you :smile: and straight hopefully
I did bio chem and maths and I’ve applied for med lmaooo I am so scared for my grades

ahh medicine! can be a bit nervewracking especially with a competitive course like that!
please do tell me if you get in!:biggrin:

Original post by clouddbubbles
definitely keep me on the tag list :hugs:
AND YASSS YOU FOUND A GOOD NAME ITS PERFECT!! me meanwhile :getmecoat:

i’ll send it in the group chat it’s really bad :giggle:

ah thank you!:biggrin: i'm sure you'll think of something soon:yep:
can't be that bad:wink:
ahh medicine! can be a bit nervewracking especially with a competitive course like that!
please do tell me if you get in!:biggrin:

ah thank you!:biggrin: i'm sure you'll think of something soon:yep:
can't be that bad:wink:

ahh I shall do :biggrin: send prayers pls lool
I also did ocr gcse comp sci. How was ur exams and coursework??
put me on the tag list pls! I’m doing maths, chemistry, biology and eng lit if all goes well on results day & will hopefully study medicine in the future! x
Original post by mrz4073
I also did ocr gcse comp sci. How was ur exams and coursework??

coursework i can't even remember what we did:unsure: (ocrmusic or some rubbish)
computer science was a subject i loathed so you can imagine i wasn't willing to put the effort in for revision:sadnod: paper one i revised for and found okay, actually. paper two i tried to revise for but algorithms are not a thing i could learn in a day so i found the second paper dreadful but just wrote something down where i could.
how about you?

Original post by futuremedstudy
put me on the tag list pls! I’m doing maths, chemistry, biology and eng lit if all goes well on results day & will hopefully study medicine in the future! x

will do! hope your results day goes well, feel free to tell me the news:smile: we're doing kinda similar a-levels:lol:
good luck for the future!
Love the name. Love the white username. Best of luck, you'll be wonderful as always. Posting in the thread to subscribe.:smile:

EDIT: Just realised that on the browser tab, the manu bit of the thread title doesn't show because it's in brackets.:giggle:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17
Love the name. Love the white username. Best of luck, you'll be wonderful as always. Posting in the thread to subscribe.:smile:

ah thank you!:biggrin:
white user's confusing a few people:teehee::innocent:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending