The Student Room Group

Advice please - AMM Management photoshoot/assessment (male model)

Cliff notes:

Advice on
-Clothing tips
-Posing tips
-Anyone that'd like to share their experience

-Last two paragraphs - Insecure rants

I've been seeing ads for this company on tinder for a while and after cutting (losing body fat) for the past few months I decided to give it a shot.

They contacted me and have arranged an assessment photoshoot for tomorrow

This is what they specified for the dress code

What to bring on the day:

Adults - 3 outfits ranging from casual to smart - Lingerie/swimwear for 18 years old and over (optional)

I assume by smart they don't mean a full suit? More blazer/jumper and shirt combo with chinos?

What would you advise for an intermediate look? Dark jeans, checked shirt, fashionable trainers?

I'm lean enough to have clearly visible abs, worth doing a swimwear shoot? (They said it's optional for over 18s)

Anyone got any tips on what type of clothes to bring or been through this assessment thing before? To compound the matter none of my clothes are really fitting these days (waist decreased significantly from the fat loss) and I'm not really the most stylish guy, I typically buy cheap stuff that fits well enough or get hand me downs. Was thinking of buying a pair of better fitting jeans, worth it? The ones I have right now don't have a great shape to them

Any basic tips on how to pose?

I feel my side profile is probably my best feature, defined jawline and high cheekbones. Taking headshots with the timer on my phone didn't look so great in comparison. My eyes + eyebrows are slightly asymmetrical. I feel like I frauded my way in by taking a 3/4 side profile

Lastly this may sound a bit deranged but I was thinking of taping over my nipples. They've always been puffy (pubertal gyno and I store fat there easily) and when I was a higher body fat they'd poke through t-shirts. The effect is much reduced after losing the fat but I doubt I have the body type that has clearly defined side pecs unless I got to dangerously low levels of body fat
(edited 6 years ago)
from doing a bit of research it definitely seems like a scam, a lot of unsatisfied reviews

Should have known better than to trust a tinder ad

They're not an actual agency, from what I read they try to make you buy the portfolio of pictures that they take.

Anyone male or female had experience with this that could confirm?

Location that they gave me looks dodgy as well on google maps
Photographs & Portfolios:

In order to be fully assessed, please bring along any previously done photographs/portfolios. This will help us to evaluate if these images are suitable to be used to promote you as a professional Model/Actor/Extras. For those without any images, be prepared to be photographed on the day. The test is for assessment purposes only. If you wish to purchase the images for further intent y ou have the option to do so.
Terms and conditions of booking:
You will be contacted one day prior to your photo shoot as a reminder of your booking date and time. Please try and confirm via phone, email SMS your attendance. Failure to attend or not informing us 24 hours prior to the shoot could result in you being placed on our unreliable register.
Assessment:
The assessment is provided free of charge to see if you have what it takes to become a model.
Your assessment report will be available to yourself at the end of the day.
You will be given a decision on the day whether your modelling assessment was successful and whether we as experts believe you should proceed. If we see potential we may introduce you to a model agency we work with who will accept you on our recommendation. Of course the agency charge no up front fees just a % from work they find models. Please note: AMM Management doesn't cover port folios/photographs/copyrights costs. We suggest mod els have a test shoot before they even consider investing in a portfolio.

Well I guess they're clean about not being an actual agency, more an assessment agency I guess? Wonder if it's worth going for just the photoshoot, i'll leave my card at home so they can't coerce me into paying for anything...
Reply 3
They are a fake scam

Went to one 6 months ago in New Kent Road/Peckham

Went through some process take 3 outfits and then wait downstairs you are called up, they assess your pictures I was told mine were very good then after all that I was told to pay £500 to obtain my pictures or they will be deleted within 3 days, lucky for me she gave me one for free lol u should've seen the smirk on her face the evil *****, what's funny is that I actually took my photographers number and called her to take some pictures of me, she asked me what happened with the "model agency amm" I told her the woman that assessed my pics said I need to pay £500 or they delete the pictures
Do u know what the photographer said?? LMAO she said "no I still have the pictures here they don't have the pictures I do they don't delete anything" a bit long but yh u get the point they are a scam if they ask for money, they only say they get rid of your pics to get your money, I'm actually so happy I went to one of these fake agencies cos now from my experience and the Internet I know when it's a fake agency
Next time u go to one of these shoots just take the photographers number if you want the pics
(edited 5 years ago)
I’m so glad I have read your post we have been with our daughter to managemodels in media city Manchester today all went well had the photo shoot then waited a while before being taken to a room to discuss the photos and said you will be please to hear that she has been accepted by a top agency and to proceed you will need to purchase the portfolio to take along with you and will need to purchase them today so we were very sceptical to say the least anyone else had work from this company
Original post by Matthew2008
I’m so glad I have read your post we have been with our daughter to managemodels in media city Manchester today all went well had the photo shoot then waited a while before being taken to a room to discuss the photos and said you will be please to hear that she has been accepted by a top agency and to proceed you will need to purchase the portfolio to take along with you and will need to purchase them today so we were very sceptical to say the least anyone else had work from this company

I have an assessment with them just got to phone and confirm to get a date but have been accepted any advice I am male

Quick Reply

Latest