The Student Room Group

Dwp work coach reserve and been given a pip cas manager offer

Hi

So i have been on reserve list for dwp work coach for a year which ia ending next week.i had an email today to say i have been offered a provitional offer for pip case manager.instead of work coach as there ia no jobs for that role now.
Has anyone els had the email also it says it fixed teerm for 18month with view of going permanate.

Not sure what to think or do lol i am currently working for hmrc in a permanate role
Reply 1
Hi, I have been in a similar position as I was on a permanent contract before joining PIP in Halifax recently. What you can do is arrange for hmrc to loan you out to PIP for the duration of the contract. If the contract is not extended or made permanent then you can go back to your current role.
Reply 2
Original post by jimmy90
Hi, I have been in a similar position as I was on a permanent contract before joining PIP in Halifax recently. What you can do is arrange for hmrc to loan you out to PIP for the duration of the contract. If the contract is not extended or made permanent then you can go back to your current role.

Hi thanks for the reply yes thats what i will be doing cheers
Reply 3
Original post by jimmy90

Are you able to tell me a bit about the role? Are you enjoying it? What are the shifts like is it full flexi?
Reply 4
Going well so far. Due to change in legislation we're looking at previous decisions to see if the new rulings have impact and if necessary we're able to increase their award. A lot of reading involved, case after case but you get used to it. It can get boring at times as it can be repetitive. Flexible working hours are adopted and under employee deal all staff are required to do atleast one 6.30pm and one 5pm finish each week. What is your current role at HMRC?
Reply 5
Original post by jimmy90
Going well so far. Due to change in legislation we're looking at previous decisions to see if the new rulings have impact and if necessary we're able to increase their award. A lot of reading involved, case after case but you get used to it. It can get boring at times as it can be repetitive. Flexible working hours are adopted and under employee deal all staff are required to do atleast one 6.30pm and one 5pm finish each week. What is your current role at HMRC?

Ahh okay i dont mind reading and i did think it would get a bit boring but its worth it for the pay.did you get the wage increase then when you started £25.700.im currently work in personal tax ao customer services so call after call all day.been here 1yr and a half so happy for the change.do you have targets each week of how many cases you ned to complete.i belive there is a bit of phone work do customer ring a lot for an update
Reply 6
Original post by Anisablue
Ahh okay i dont mind reading and i did think it would get a bit boring but its worth it for the pay.did you get the wage increase then when you started £25.700.im currently work in personal tax ao customer services so call after call all day.been here 1yr and a half so happy for the change.do you have targets each week of how many cases you ned to complete.i belive there is a bit of phone work do customer ring a lot for an update

Pay has gone upto 25700 recently. PIP is much more relaxed. Targets haven't been set yet as we've just finished training. There's not a lot of calling to do unless to ask for further information. Customers cannot ring the case manager directly. They ring the standard enquiries line and calls are taken by case workers who are a grade below.
Reply 7
Original post by jimmy90
Pay has gone upto 25700 recently. PIP is much more relaxed. Targets haven't been set yet as we've just finished training. There's not a lot of calling to do unless to ask for further information. Customers cannot ring the case manager directly. They ring the standard enquiries line and calls are taken by case workers who are a grade below.

Ok thanks for the info!
Reply 8
I applied for this role and start in September in halifax as a EO-PIP
Was just wonder is the actual role difficult and just any general things to look out for.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Abby2018
I applied for this role and start in September in halifax as a EO-PIP
Was just wonder is the actual role difficult and just any general things to look out for.

Apologies for interjecting, what is your official start date in Sep? DBS was delayed by Capita but had confirmation on Monday of successful DBS and reference checks. Just waiting on a formal offer now!
I start on Monday 3rd off September.
After my DBS came back I think I got my formal offer within few days.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Abby2018
I start on Monday 3rd off September.
After my DBS came back I think I got my formal offer within few days.

Thanks for confirming - hoping that's the same case. Cheers!
Reply 12
Original post by Anisablue
Hi

So i have been on reserve list for dwp work coach for a year which ia ending next week.i had an email today to say i have been offered a provitional offer for pip case manager.instead of work coach as there ia no jobs for that role now.
Has anyone els had the email also it says it fixed teerm for 18month with view of going permanate.

Not sure what to think or do lol i am currently working for hmrc in a permanate role

Where abouts have you been offered pip case manager? Just wondering where this role is available
Reply 13
I believe there is halifax bradford and leeds.i was offered bradford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending