The Student Room Group

Any good way to meet girls besides school/work?

It seems like almost everyone meets their spouse through work or school with no other way to really get to know someone. Is there another way? A good way - not “strike up a random conversation while shopping” or something.
Original post by Anonymous
It seems like almost everyone meets their spouse through work or school with no other way to really get to know someone. Is there another way? A good way - not “strike up a random conversation while shopping” or something.

Friends/Family?
Reply 2
lol arranged marriage😂😂jus kidding
Original post by z4man243

hahahahahahaha :d

Spoiler

Reply 4
Events/ party's?
Reply 5
Original post by Silentpercp2
Friends/Family?

I have no friends left and I’m estranged from my family.
Reply 6
Original post by Z4MAN243

You actually need family for that, I think, and I can’t even do that. 😐
I have no friends left and I’m estranged from my family.

Sorry to hear that. Perhaps a speed date or something?

I do hope it works out soon for you.

Good Luck! 😊.
The other ways to meet girls are probably obvious to you but I'll tell you anyway, join clubs or take part in residential trips. Idk how old you are, but I did NCS this summer, a programme for 16-17 year olds and met a girl there and we're in a relationship now. So thats one way to meet girls, I talked to alot of girls there and just got very lucky and managed to get a girlfriend out of it, it wasnt easy in fact I was the only one in my group to get into a relationship with some1 in my group. The only other way is just to meet girls through a friend or a friend of a friend. Its hard, it depends on the circumstances and being at the right place and the right time really. If your 18 or over, I'd apply for jobs at a bar or even find work at festivals, when I turn 18 thats what Im going to do anyway
Try online dating - your a guy who actually wants a relationship not a fling, and guys like you are rare. Girls statistically are more likely to want a relationship, so you’ll have a better chance.
Reply 10
Strike up a random conversation while shopping or something
Nightclub
Original post by SweetLeilani
Try online dating - your a guy who actually wants a relationship not a fling, and guys like you are rare. Girls statistically are more likely to want a relationship, so you’ll have a better chance.

Online dating is hard even if you’re a perfect 10 in looks - most people don’t like back or reply, they seem to be there just to troll. I signed up for Tinder for a while and all I got was prostitutes.
Wait in the places that girls go to. That way, when they arrive you'll meet them by default. A good example of places like this is the women's changing room. When they walk in and wonder what a male is doing there, just say "naah don't worry doll, I identify as a chick, y'get me?".

The response will likely be positive, then when a girl you like starts to get changed, strike up a conversation about something you like. Her bum might be a good place to start; say "Wow, nice glutes baby, how long have you had them Kiddo McWiddow?".

If she's not your girlfriend yet, she's probably just playing hard to get. Follow her home and curl up in front of her TV with a drink you helped yourself to from her kitchen. Very cosy! Now might be a good time to ask for her name, or you could just call her "b!tchboy from hell".
Original post by redbull114
The other ways to meet girls are probably obvious to you but I'll tell you anyway, join clubs or take part in residential trips. Idk how old you are, but I did NCS this summer, a programme for 16-17 year olds and met a girl there and we're in a relationship now. So thats one way to meet girls, I talked to alot of girls there and just got very lucky and managed to get a girlfriend out of it, it wasnt easy in fact I was the only one in my group to get into a relationship with some1 in my group. The only other way is just to meet girls through a friend or a friend of a friend. Its hard, it depends on the circumstances and being at the right place and the right time really. If your 18 or over, I'd apply for jobs at a bar or even find work at festivals, when I turn 18 thats what Im going to do anyway

despite being very against the idea of NCS I did it too and met a girl who I have been dating for almost 4 years, I think despite your age meeting new people usually means pushing yourself out of your usual comfort zone and doing new things as hard as it may be, good luck!
Original post by Trust Orang
Wait in the places that girls go to. That way, when they arrive you'll meet them by default. A good example of places like this is the women's changing room. When they walk in and wonder what a male is doing there, just say "naah don't worry doll, I identify as a chick, y'get me?".

The response will likely be positive, then when a girl you like starts to get changed, strike up a conversation about something you like. Her bum might be a good place to start; say "Wow, nice glutes baby, how long have you had them Kiddo McWiddow?".

If she's not your girlfriend yet, she's probably just playing hard to get. Follow her home and curl up in front of her TV with a drink you helped yourself to from her kitchen. Very cosy! Now might be a good time to ask for her name, or you could just call her "b!tchboy from hell".

Lame
Maybe join a society/club -something you have an interest in, at least then you'll both have something in common.
Lame

Maybe, but it can't be as lame as begging for help getting a girl to like you on an internet forum. Having fun there on your own are you, LameGuy69?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending