The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

University of Strathclyde Applicants 2018!

Scroll to see replies

Hi anyone studying international business this year
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by Remark12
Who’s doing computer and electronics in Strathclyde?

??
Reply 322
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Panda567
What happens after my acceptance to Strathclyde because I haven’t been emailed anything yet

Hi @Panda567 how long have you been waiting? You should receive a confirmation email from registry? Has there been an update on your UCAS track at all? If you have not received this yet, we can chase this up. PM me with your UCAS number and I will be able to help you out.
(Original post by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador)Hi @Panda567 how long have you been waiting? You should receive a confirmation email from registry? Has there been an update on your UCAS track at all? If you have not received this yet, we can chase this up. PM me with your UCAS number and I will be able to help you out.

Thank you very much. I have received my confirmation email and instructions on registration
Original post by Panda567
(Original post by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador)Hi @Panda567 how long have you been waiting? You should receive a confirmation email from registry? Has there been an update on your UCAS track at all? If you have not received this yet, we can chase this up. PM me with your UCAS number and I will be able to help you out.

Thank you very much. I have received my confirmation email and instructions on registration

Hi @Panda567 I am glad that you have got this sorted now! If you have any other questions then feel free to get in touch. I hope you are looking forward to beginning Strathclyde in September.

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep
I haven't received any kind of confirmation email yet, is this normal? Or should I email someone?
Original post by Bv12827
I haven't received any kind of confirmation email yet, is this normal? Or should I email someone?

Hi @Bv12827

Are you currently holding a conditional offer from us? Have you fulfilled the conditions of your offer and has it been updated on track? It could be that we are still waiting for something else you needed to send to admissions directly, but if you let me know I can hopefully look into this for you. :smile:

Look forward to hearing from you!

Sarah - Official Rep for Strathclyde
Original post by University of Strathclyde
Hi @Bv12827

Are you currently holding a conditional offer from us? Have you fulfilled the conditions of your offer and has it been updated on track? It could be that we are still waiting for something else you needed to send to admissions directly, but if you let me know I can hopefully look into this for you. :smile:

According to track, the offer is now Unconditional, and my place is confirmed.
Original post by Bv12827

What is the date on the offer/confirmation offer?
Hi @Bv12827

Hi, I am gonna study computing in Napier but I was wondering if it would be possible to change to Strathclyde last min coz my mums struggling financially and accommodation is to expensive. I’m a Scottish student so they won’t accept me for clearing, plz help!!!
@University of Strathclyde @The Scotfather
Hi, I am gonna study computing in Napier but I was wondering if it would be possible to change to Strathclyde last min coz my mums struggling financially and accommodation is to expensive. I’m a Scottish student so they won’t accept me for clearing, plz help!!!

Hi Remark12

**I have also posted this response in the other thread you created** Thanks for your message and interest in Strathclyde and sorry to hear you aren't happy with the idea of going to Napier. Unfortunately this would not be possible for this year as we don't have any funded spaces available for Scottish/EU students, as these spots have all already been filled.

I am really sorry to disappoint! I hope you will be happy at Napier if you decide to take up your place.

Best of luck - Sarah, Strathclyde Rep
Original post by Bv12827

Hi @Bv12827

I have just chased this up with my colleagues in Admissions. These emails should start to go out over the next few days once the A Level results come out tomorrow, so you should receive all the details by the middle of next week by the very latest, but don't worry! If your place has been confirmed and the offer is unconditional you should receive registration details shortly.

Hope this helps and welcome to Strathclyde :smile:

Best wishes,

Sarah - Strathclyde Official Rep
Hi @Bv12827

I have just chased this up with my colleagues in Admissions. These emails should start to go out over the next few days once the A Level results come out tomorrow, so you should receive all the details by the middle of next week by the very latest, but don't worry! If your place has been confirmed and the offer is unconditional you should receive registration details shortly.

Hope this helps and welcome to Strathclyde :smile:

Best wishes,

Sarah - Strathclyde Official Rep

Thank you for confirming this!
Hi Remark12

**I have also posted this response in the other thread you created** Thanks for your message and interest in Strathclyde and sorry to hear you aren't happy with the idea of going to Napier. Unfortunately this would not be possible for this year as we don't have any funded spaces available for Scottish/EU students, as these spots have all already been filled.

I am really sorry to disappoint! I hope you will be happy at Napier if you decide to take up your place.

Although you are unable to enter in at first year, if you are still unhappy with your choice during first year at Napier you may be able to transfer but the rep will know know/will be able to find out more than me.
Hi Remark12

Would I be able to transfer to second year of computing in Strathclyde after a year in napier? Or would I have to start from first year again?
Would I be able to transfer to second year of computing in Strathclyde after a year in napier? Or would I have to start from first year again?

Hi @Remark12 it would really depend on the grades you get from first year of computing at Napier uni. However, you may be able to go into second year at Strathclyde as you will have already completed the first year of the degree programme. Our admissions team would be able to help you with this. Send them an email on: [email protected]

Any other questions you have then feel free to get in touch

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep
Does anyone know when we get our timetables with the times for our lectures and tutorials?
Also do we get to pick like classes from other subjects to put on our timetable so theres more variation as I understand you have to reach a certain amount of credits on your timetable or something like that?
Also are there textbooks i need to purchase before uni starts? How do i know what these are?
Original post by Sophie.Bx
Does anyone know when we get our timetables with the times for our lectures and tutorials?
Also do we get to pick like classes from other subjects to put on our timetable so theres more variation as I understand you have to reach a certain amount of credits on your timetable or something like that?
Also are there textbooks i need to purchase before uni starts? How do i know what these are?

Timetables are online but are subject to change. Depends on your course and how many credits are within it as well as if it crashes with your timetable. Textbooks are not needed I think as they are mainly available on Suprimo. It should state during you registration through pegasus the number of credits that are contained within your course, if it is <120 then its likely you will need to take some sort of optional class or elective.

Quick Reply