The Student Room Group

Retaking specific maths modules in 2019

I think I got decent grades in all my maths modules except for 2 of them. Will there be an opportunity to retake them next year at some point, because this was meant to be the last year of the modular syllabus so I'm just wondering if I'd have to take the whole new linear A-level or can I just retake the 2 modules I need to.
Reply 1
Original post by Risk08
Could you explain? What year are you in and what exam board is it in?

I just finished year 13 I've applied for uni but don't think I got the grade I'll need so will probably need to retake a couple modules as I said. Exam board is Edexcel.
Original post by Bboy1
I think I got decent grades in all my maths modules except for 2 of them. Will there be an opportunity to retake them next year at some point, because this was meant to be the last year of the modular syllabus so I'm just wondering if I'd have to take the whole new linear A-level or can I just retake the 2 modules I need to.

The final Edexcel 2019 exam timetables has been published and includes resit opportunities for legacy maths exams.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Examination-timetables/1906-GCE-Timetable-Final.pdf
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Risk08
Sorry but you're right, this year was the last year you can take these modules. You would have to take the new course which would be 2 years but I'm sure as the content is very similar arrangements could be made for you to take the new exams next year. I retook some ones I did in year 12 this year and it was the last opportunity :frown:

Read the post above you, seems you don't know what you're talking about :P
does ocr have this as well?
Original post by 3.1415926534
does ocr have this as well?

Yes ocr, aqa and Edexcel will all provide modular resits in 2019
is it only for maths, will i be able to retake edexcel A economics?
Original post by 3.1415926534
is it only for maths, will i be able to retake edexcel A economics?

Economics is no longer modular, last modular resits were 2018 it is only available for linear resits where you retake all of the exams.
Hello, very confused about resits. Govement careers hotline just told me I cannot resit individual edexcel modules and would have to resit all three that I tok this year. This was after they originally said I would have to take all my AS ones too and then changed their mind. I really hope I can just take one as I only messed one up. Has anyone had confirmation from their school that they can resit one module? Thanks
Reply 9
Original post by Portugal1000
Hello, very confused about resits. Govement careers hotline just told me I cannot resit individual edexcel modules and would have to resit all three that I tok this year. This was after they originally said I would have to take all my AS ones too and then changed their mind. I really hope I can just take one as I only messed one up. Has anyone had confirmation from their school that they can resit one module? Thanks

This is for all English exam boards (AQA, Edexcel & OCR)

If you took a linear qualification (that's now most A levels - all the exams at the end of the course) then you can re-sit next year but you have to do all the exams again and those are the exams that will be used to calculate your overall grade, even if one is worse than this year. If there was any NEA (aka coursework) then you can carry this year's mark forward, or redo it next year (though this would be difficult as a private candidate).

For modular A levels completed as a main entry this Summer (Maths, Accounting, Politics, Music Tech, quite a few less common languages.....) you can re-sit any/all of the exams next year (AS or A2) and your best attempt at any unit is the one that will be used to calculate your overall grade.

Quick Reply

Latest