The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Has anyone gotten their Kent Student ID?

It's needed for the online enrolment thingy (as stated on the Getting Started page).

It's not the applicant ID used to log into evision/as stated in the accomodation selection website

I've checked my confirmation letter from them but they only state my applicant ID!

Am I the only one that doesn't have this? If you have gotten yours please let me know where you got it from!
Hey, it's also worth asking in the applicant's thread if you haven't seen it already :woo: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4947658
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
? Your ID should be on your letters or emails they send out, the ID card you won't have until registration which happens in the sports hall.
You may only enrol once you have a confirmed place i.e. if you have an unconditional offer or after results day! You should receive an email once it's time to enrol and will be able to see your kent id in this letter in your kentvision intray! I did this yesterday and had the same question!
Original post by random_matt
? Your ID should be on your letters or emails they send out, the ID card you won't have until registration which happens in the sports hall.

Ik about the ID card but yah thats what I thought too, but they never stated my Kent ID on any letters and emails they've sent to me !

Original post by JeSuisBaguette
You may only enrol once you have a confirmed place i.e. if you have an unconditional offer or after results day! You should receive an email once it's time to enrol and will be able to see your kent id in this letter in your kentvision intray! I did this yesterday and had the same question!

I did the IB so I've been confirmed a place since July, but they've never sent me an email about enrolling, just CAS and visa stuff! Does that mean you already got your kent id in your evision tray?
I think you get your Kent ID around mid August, which is the one that allows you to set up your account online for email, timetables, Moodle etc. Also good for applying for your NUS extra card and Unidays account.
I had the same problem (had a confirmed place because I took the IB, but hadn't gotten my Kent ID). I just sent them a message from the Help section in eVision (go to My Applications, then 'Ask a question' ). Sent the message yesterday, and they sent me the 'how to enrol' message in response. More than likely, they just made a mistake and forgot to send it out, so you should ask about it.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by NotSisyphus
I had the same problem (had a confirmed place because I took the IB, but hadn't gotten my Kent ID). I just sent them a message from the Help section in eVision (go to My Applications, then 'Ask a question' ). Sent the message yesterday, and they sent me the 'how to enrol' message in response. More than likely, they just made a mistake and forgot to send it out, so you should ask about it.

same I have yet to receive anything about my kent ID. I took foundation and the evision portal is down till 16th apparently so I guess hope it gets sorted by this weekend
Original post by wesgwl
same I have yet to receive anything about my kent ID. I took foundation and the evision portal is down till 16th apparently so I guess hope it gets sorted by this weekend

You can still email the Admissions office at [email protected] if you’d like it before the 16th.
Original post by NotSisyphus

Original post by wesgwl

I contacted the gettingstarted team and 13 days ago they said "Please wait until you receive your 18 student number via the student portal. You will receive this information once you have met all the entry conditions and you should receive this within the next few weeks."

Hopefully we get it within the next few days!

Quick Reply

Latest