The Student Room Group

London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hello guys,
Would those already studying at the school or who got offers share some about their backgrounds? I hward the school is very selective and focuses alot on professional experience.
Original post by Zina B
hello guys,
Would those already studying at the school or who got offers share some about their backgrounds? I hward the school is very selective and focuses alot on professional experience.

Hi Zina, our students are busy with exams at the moment but we'll make sure someone gets back to you soon on this thread with their experiences. You can also contact our student ambassadors for their insights. Which of our programmes are you interested in? Some do require more experience than others, but for many it's a case of being passionate about the subject, keen to learn and ultimately make a difference to public and global health. Each application is very much considered on its own merits, so if you can show these qualities in your personal statement then that's definitely a plus.
Has anyone else heard back yet? I applied very late due to health issues (late June)
Original post by dricantdothis
Has anyone else heard back yet? I applied very late due to health issues (late June)

Hey there! I am sorry to hear about your health issues--I hope you are doing well!

I did hear back recently and got an offer for the MSc in Public Health programme. My application was complete (i.e. both references were submitted) on June 20. I got my decision on August 10. If your application was marked complete on a date around June 20, I am sure you will hear back very soon! Good luck!
Original post by Anubhav93
Hey there! I am sorry to hear about your health issues--I hope you are doing well!

I did hear back recently and got an offer for the MSc in Public Health programme. My application was complete (i.e. both references were submitted) on June 20. I got my decision on August 10. If your application was marked complete on a date around June 20, I am sure you will hear back very soon! Good luck!

Thanks for letting me know! My application was complete on the 22nd June but hopefully soon! Well done for your offer! Would you mind sharing your stats? x
(edited 5 years ago)
Thanks for letting me know! My application was complete on the 22nd June but hopefully soon! Well done for your offer! Would you mind sharing your stats? x

Thank you! And sure! I completed my Bachelor's from the US in 2015. My cumulative GPA was 3.9. I started medical school in 2015, and after completing the first year successfully, I took a leave of absence. I worked in research for nearly 2 years and simultaneously decided that I was more interested in public health than in becoming a physician. I also did have relevant public health experience through my extra-curricular activities in medical school, which helped me in making the decision. And here I am now :smile:
Has anyone else heard back?
If anyone is still waiting for an offer I got mine (Public Health MSc) today!
If anyone is still waiting for an offer I got mine (Public Health MSc) today!

Congratulations on receiving your offer! That's great news and we hope to see you in September :smile:

Quick Reply