The Student Room Group

Low UKCAT score and dreaming of Glasgow Uni, unrealistic?

Recently, I did my UKCAT and got the score of 2470. I've been dreaming of studying at Glasgow University for medicine but I don't know if that's unrealistic now and if I won't be able to. I know there's other universities that may not look at the UKCAT as much but I set my heart on Glasgow. Is it not going to work?
Hi, how did you find the ukcat? How long did you prep for it and how did it compare to medify ?
Original post by eehine1
Recently, I did my UKCAT and got the score of 2470. I've been dreaming of studying at Glasgow University for medicine but I don't know if that's unrealistic now and if I won't be able to. I know there's other universities that may not look at the UKCAT as much but I set my heart on Glasgow. Is it not going to work?

Well, there's nothing stopping you from applying if you really want to. But you have to question whether it will be worth it. I think a lot of us here always say apply smartly and strategically, in order to maximise your chance of getting an offer. A medicine degree is a medicine degree. You just need to get in.

I am not 100% on how Glasgow weight applications, but I had ~2500 in my first year applying and got an interview at Glasgow (it was a last minute choice, as I wanted somewhere close to home to appease the parents but my first choice for that was a stupidly high UKCAT uni). That said, I cannot remember that score sat in relation to the cohort, so it may actually have been good for that year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending