The Student Room Group

Anyone else terrified of A Level Results' Day?

In a matter of hours we will be collecting our results which will (for some of us) change our lives. I am anxious and constantly thinking about tomorrow.

How are you all feeling about tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

Scared
Original post by Kenneth19
In a matter of hours we will be collecting our results which will (for some of us) change our lives. I am anxious and constantly thinking about tomorrow.

Terrible - this is basically my last chance. Second time doing A levels with changed subjects. If I don't get into uni, I'm not sure what I'm going to do
It's natural to be, as the grades hold a lot of power to your future (or so they say). I would be more concerned if you weren't scared.

Make sure you get a good night's rest though, to keep yourself somewhat calm in the morning.
I just wanna know without going through all this anxiety
Reply 5
Original post by rilakkumax1
Terrible - this is basically my last chance. Second time doing A levels with changed subjects. If I don't get into uni, I'm not sure what I'm going to do

We will get through it!
Reply 6
Original post by Fractite
It's natural to be, as the grades hold a lot of power to your future (or so they say). I would be more concerned if you weren't scared.

Make sure you get a good night's rest though, to keep yourself somewhat calm in the morning.

Thanks for the tip! Hopefully, everything will be great tomorrow.
Reply 7
Original post by GalGirl101
I just wanna know without going through all this anxiety

Same! :s-smilie:
We will get through it!

I hope so, good luck to you
Good luck to everyone getting results! Remember that this isn’t the be all and end all - whatever your results are, you will still have options, and you still did amazingly to get through A-levels :biggrin:
As hard as it may sound try not to get too stressed about tomorrow guys.

Whatever the outcome it isn't the end of the road for anyone there are always options, but your path might be different to what you thought before.

But if you suspect you haven't got what you wanted then get prepared and have a look at some other options, some unis like us have lines open to discuss options already. When you have your results you can apply online or by phone.

You may have even done better than you thought and might need to think again about your plans because of how great you have done!

:grouphugs:

Emma P
:jumphug:
Haven't really given it much thought up until today and last night... I was lying in bed thinking "lol, RIP".
Petrified! 😣

Unusually calm, try not to stress too much. Just prepare all the things you need for tomorrow so that you can sort out your place at University. If not, you can always reapply next year or look at alternatives. Always have a back-up plan, but I'm sure you're very smart.
Reply 14
God, I'm so nervous! I repeated my first year too because exam season got mucked up from grieving for a family member, so to be honest, I've decided I'm gonna be proud no matter what the letters are that I just managed to finish them! Feel like I've done enough to get an A in Chem which is the most important one I need, but not gonna jinx it :s-smilie:
Reply 15
Original post by AJ_3003
Unusually calm, try not to stress too much. Just prepare all the things you need for tomorrow so that you can sort out your place at University. If not, you can always reapply next year or look at alternatives. Always have a back-up plan, but I'm sure you're very smart.

Thanks for the tips! This has really helped.
Thanks for the tips! This has really helped.

No worries, I am a major stresshead sometimes, having mental breakdowns over silly things. As long as you know you've put your heart and soul into these exams, nothing else matters. In most cases, there are more than one route to the career that you want, so not going to University isn't the end of your life, it may even lead to better opportunities.
Reply 17
I’m so scared 😫 i actually feel like I’ve got a U in one subject
Original post by kiki213
I’m so scared 😫 i actually feel like I’ve got a U in one subject

Yep. Predicting BCD but wouldn’t be surprised with an E/U in French
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by sureofit
Yep. Predicting BCD but wouldn’t be surprised with an E/U in French

Same here :argh:

This day is going way too fast I don't want tomorrow to come :'(

Quick Reply

Latest