The Student Room Group

What contraception do you use?

Currently using condoms which I really like but they are really expensive.

Just wondering what other people in relationships use? I'm thinking of going on the pill but I'm scared.
Moved to sexual health

We use mainly the pill, but sometimes use condoms too.
condoms! x

i wouldn't try the pill. im so against it cos its hormonal and just imagine if it lowers your sex drive
cerelle
Reply 4
The contraceptive implant(nexplanon)

I've been on it since March and apart from bleeding issues that the pill sorted it's great!

Everyones different so it's worth looking up what's best for you.

I was on the pill before that been on it to help the pain with my periods since I was about 15 so when I first started trying to have sex it was a pill and condoms I have a fear of pregnancy and find sex with condoms impossible and didn't like the effectiveness of the pill alone so I went for the implant :smile:
Reply 5
I was just about to reply, then I was reading Elekra#s response and thought OMG that is me! haha.

I'm the same, I've had the Contraceptive implant in my arm for over 2 years now since I was 17 its the best thing I ever did, mainly as I no longer have to worry about taking the pill on time. Honestly I'd advise all other girls to get it if its suitable for them.
If you like condoms keep using them. They are expensive and its frustrating. You can go to sexual health clinics and they will give you them for free. I tried 3 different pills and none of them worked well for me, not saying they won't work well for other people. You won't no until you try. One made me sick, one made me very emotional, one made me bleed for a long time and my sex drive lowered so much it was actually awful. I tried the implant for 6 months too but had to have it taken out. I bled for the whole 6 months!! ha i really tried. Plus in the end i was glad to have my periods back and feel normal again. For me personally, condoms all the way.
my face

Quick Reply

Latest