The Student Room Group

Why does no one want to immigrate to Muslim countries?

Pretty much no one from the Western world immigrates to Muslim countries, but Muslims love immigrating to Western countries. Why do you think this is?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Probably explains why there’s hardly any foreigners living in places like Dubai and Qatar... Oh wait...
Reply 2
Original post by RichPiana
Probably explains why there’s hardly any foreigners living in places like Dubai and Qatar... Oh wait...

Those are the 2 examples that people use a lot. Yes they are 'living' there, but how many are actually settling there permanently, starting a family there, sending their kids to school there etc.? Majority of them are just working there.
(edited 5 years ago)
Not going to get down a rabbit hole here but my wife recently came back from a business trip in dubai, where she was told by a local 'you western women mean nothing to us, you're all pieces of **** and we can do what we want'.

Wifey is feisty and she pushed him over a table.
Original post by Jauaoq6
Those are the 2 examples that people use a lot. Yes they are 'living' there, but how many are actually settling there permanently, starting a family there, sending their kids to school there etc.?

According to Wikipedia (not the most reliable source, I know), there’s about 100,000 Britons living in Dubai alone.
Reply 5
According to Wikipedia (not the most reliable source, I know), there’s about 100,000 Britons living in Dubai alone.

Seems like my reply went straight over your head lol.

Dubai isn't a country. It is an emirate of the United Arab Emirates
Original post by Jauaoq6
Seems like my reply went straight over your head lol.

You’ve missed my point. If only 10% of them are settled permanently that means about 10,000 Brits settled in 1 Islamic city alone.
OP thankyou for bringing up this point. Muslim countries are governed by Islamic law, a backward archaic and intolerant set of rules which its own followers despise hence all the immigration!
Reply 9
because they're muslim countries?
No drinking lol
Reply 11
Original post by super_kawaii
Dubai isn't a country. It is an emirate of the United Arab Emirates

Which is an Muslim nation...
Reply 12
You’ve missed my point. If only 10% of them are settled permanently that means about 10,000 Brits settled in 1 Islamic city alone.

I think the vast majority of people there are foreign workers, I do not know why anyone would actually want to settle there permanently and start a family there. I would not feel safe having a Western wife and children in Dubai or Saudi Arabia, just look at what the guy commented above about his wife.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 13
I get the idea of what you're saying, but "1st world" and "3rd world" outdated terms that lead to inaccurate worldviews. The world is not so neatly divided.
Probably because westerners go on holiday to these countries. Turkey, Morocco, Dubai etc. and so see them as just lovely holidays. Maybe the weather is too hot or they miss western food/traditions or whatever, so they don’t move there. Most Muslims that immigrate to the West usually to find a better life for themselves and their families. Which is why you don’t find much immigrants from, say Dubai, or Saudi Arabia
Reply 15
A lot of the countries that are heavily populated by Muslims are countries (Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Sudan etc.) that were made poor by decades of European colonisation. These Muslims don't want to live in poverty (understandable), hence why they migrate to the land of their ex-coloniser, which was made rich by their enslaved ancestors.
Original post by Dheorl
Which is an Muslim nation...

*a

And the majority of the UAE population is foreign (Emiratis only make up 11% of the population), with around half the population not being muslim :smile:
why would non muslims want to live in a muslim country?
The real question is how can we western christians neutralise the ever growing Islamic threat to our society/culture.
Original post by Jauaoq6
I think the majority of people there are foreign workers, I do not know why anyone would actually want to settle there permanently and start a family there. I would not feel safe having a Western wife and children in Dubai or Saudi Arabia, just look at what the guy commented above about his wife.

The main reason the majority of people in the Western Hemisphere don’t want to emigrate there is because of their laws which follow Islamic principles. I thought that would’ve been pretty obvious.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending