The Student Room Group

Crow's a level journey [6 a levels, olympiads and more!]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Crow_M
EPQ stands for Extended Project Qualification. it is equivalent to an AS (1/2 of an A Level). It is a 5000 word project with a topic of your choice, it is very interesting and universities love it (assuming that it's related to your course).

Your grades were still pretty good, trust me. It's a shame that you left work until the last minute however I'm glad that you learned your lesson. remember that you can't do it at A Level because there's much more content. Good luck with it and tell me how it goes :smile:

That actually sounds very intresting I'll have a look into it. Tbh I dunno what my course is and what Universities I want and UCAS applications are in 20 days (We graduate at year 12 over here soooo I'm screwed)

Doing what I did I should have gotten Cs and Ds I am disappointed on the inside but just a half hearted disappointment since I know I can't complain; didn't do your work got what you deserve. Ig I kept telling myself there is always next year from year 10 and I just kept underestimating the time I had left to do my work. Oh well. I actually am trying best for A Levels and can already see a positive attitude coming form me towards it so I hope I get good grades. Sure will do. Good luck to you too:smile:
Reply 81
Original post by ab173
That actually sounds very intresting I'll have a look into it. Tbh I dunno what my course is and what Universities I want and UCAS applications are in 20 days (We graduate at year 12 over here soooo I'm screwed)

Doing what I did I should have gotten Cs and Ds I am disappointed on the inside but just a half hearted disappointment since I know I can't complain; didn't do your work got what you deserve. Ig I kept telling myself there is always next year from year 10 and I just kept underestimating the time I had left to do my work. Oh well. I actually am trying best for A Levels and can already see a positive attitude coming form me towards it so I hope I get good grades. Sure will do. Good luck to you too:smile:

Which country are you in? That's a great attitude! Take a look at the EPQ as it's interesting
Reply 82
Qatar. Well hope the outcome is good too. I will do they give you random topics or is it like based on a certain area of study?
Original post by Crow_M
Which country are you in? That's a great attitude! Take a look at the EPQ as it's interesting
Original post by Crow_M
Update: 15/08/2018

I've ordered some AS books for the 3 sciences and maths from WJEC and some from CIE as they're a bit harder which will help.

I'll also pick my A Levels results tomorrow, my school opens at 9:00 and I'll update OP when I get my grades, :smile:.

The tag squad: (If you want to be untagged, tell me)

Spoiler

Good luck! :hugs:
Reply 84
Original post by ab173
Qatar. Well hope the outcome is good too. I will do they give you random topics or is it like based on a certain area of study?

Ohhh, great country! I believe that you can choose anything that is of your interest
Reply 85
Original post by MaizieAmyr
Good luck! :hugs:

Thanks! :hugs:
Good luck with your results tomorrow! :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by Labrador99
Good luck with your results tomorrow! :smile:

Thanks! Are you getting yours tomorrow?
Original post by Crow_M
Thanks! Are you getting yours tomorrow?

Nah, thankfully not results day for me :smile:
Original post by Crow_M
Update: 15/08/2018

I've ordered some AS books for the 3 sciences and maths from WJEC and some from CIE as they're a bit harder which will help.

I'll also pick my A Levels results tomorrow, my school opens at 9:00 and I'll update OP when I get my grades, :smile:.

The tag squad: (If you want to be untagged, tell me)

Spoiler

Good luck for your A Level results! Your results will be amazing, I'm sure :smile:
Reply 90
Nah, thankfully not results day for me :smile:

Is yours on the 23rd of August? Or are you doing a degree? :smile:
Original post by Crow_M
Is yours on the 23rd of August? Or are you doing a degree? :smile:

Neither- didn't have any results this year.
Reply 92
Original post by Loci Pi
Good luck for your A Level results! Your results will be amazing, I'm sure :smile:

Thanks! However your maths performance is looking promising as well! I can see your A*s running towards you :laugh:.
Reply 93
Neither- didn't have any results this year.

Ohh, what year are you in?
Original post by Crow_M
Ohh, what year are you in?

A gap year
Reply 95
A gap year

Oh fair enough! What would you like to do in the future (if you don't mind me asking)?
Original post by Crow_M
Oh fair enough! What would you like to do in the future (if you don't mind me asking)?

No clue at the moment to be honest :s-smilie:
Original post by Crow_M
Thanks! However your maths performance is looking promising as well! I can see your A*s running towards you :laugh:.

Reply 98
No clue at the moment to be honest :s-smilie:

I hope that you get into the job that'll make you happy :smile:
Original post by Crow_M
I hope that you get into the job that'll make you happy :smile:

Thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending