The Student Room Group

Optometry through Clearing

Has anyone ever gotten into the optometry course with lower grades or (especially) with only one science subject (I have bio, but also geo and psych and I don't know whether they would accept it)?

Also worried about the UWE course as it's not even approved to be GOC accredited yet, should I even consider it?
Original post by chickenfajitas
Has anyone ever gotten into the optometry course with lower grades or (especially) with only one science subject (I have bio, but also geo and psych and I don't know whether they would accept it)?

Also worried about the UWE course as it's not even approved to be GOC accredited yet, should I even consider it?

From the ucas listing it mentions they've got the accreditation and that they'll accept psychology. Hertfordshire has a foundation year which needs a C in biology but no mention of needing more than one science subject.
Original post by chickenfajitas

Hi there,

For the Masters in Optometry at Herts you will need a Science at C or above. It would be best to call our Clearing hotline to see if you have enough points and qualifications for Optometry. The number is 0300 303 6300.

As @claireestelle mentioned we do offer an extended year at our partner college, City and Islington. Here's the info: http://www.candi.ac.uk/courses/initial-year-optometry

Thanks,
Heather

Quick Reply

Latest