The Student Room Group

Vetting clearance timescale

Please post -

-How long it took you from filling in the form online to officially receiving an offer with the civil service and
-level of clearance obtained
Original post by videologic
Please post -

-How long it took you from filling in the form online to officially receiving an offer with the civil service and
-level of clearance obtained

Clearance times vary. Not everyone has the same level of complexity when it comes to background/family history.
Reply 2
Can anyone help me with this question:

I am currently doing my national security clearance. What is the difference between pre-employment checks and national security clearance?

They asked me employer and counter signatory for a reference, does that come under a pre-employment check? Don't you have to pass one before they can move onto the other?
Reply 3
Can anyone help me with this question:

I am currently doing my national security clearance. What is the difference between pre-employment checks and national security clearance?

They asked me employer and counter signatory for a reference, does that come under a pre-employment check? Don't you have to pass one before they can move onto the other?

SC looks up your credit score, if you or family are on any watch lists they are the main difference.
Pre-employment is typically done before SC.
Reply 4
Original post by Quady
SC looks up your credit score, if you or family are on any watch lists they are the main difference.
Pre-employment is typically done before SC.

Yeah, so when I was given the form to fill in online for national security clearance, they then asked my references for comment - but isn't that part of pre-employment checks?
Reply 5
Yeah, so when I was given the form to fill in online for national security clearance, they then asked my references for comment - but isn't that part of pre-employment checks?

Yup.
It's duplication because rhe two processes are separate.

Quick Reply

Latest