The Student Room Group

University place is still showing as conditional on UCAS Track - why is happening?

The 2019 version is here

If your place is still showing as conditional let us know, we'll do what we can to help you :heart:

If your track hasn't updated, the first step is to call the uni and find out what is going on. Unis really shouldn't be keeping you hanging, so feel free to ring again this afternoon if they are waiting to make a decision.

If you are a near miss and would rather take your chances in clearing then you can ask the uni to release you- UCAS have said that unis have to honour these requests.

Please could you let us know which unis are keeping you hanging so we can see if this is a widespread problem or just a few unis?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
my uni has said my place is confirmed on the 11th but im assuming thats not the same update as actually getting in ?
Reply 2
This isn't really the same problem, but my insurance says I've been unsuccessful and my firm says conditional - does this mean I've definitely not got into my firm?
Original post by sam3469
my uni has said my place is confirmed on the 11th but im assuming thats not the same update as actually getting in ?

Did you study A-levels?
Original post by anna_00
This isn't really the same problem, but my insurance says I've been unsuccessful and my firm says conditional - does this mean I've definitely not got into my firm?

It means your firm hasn't made a decision yet. I'm assuming you didn't meet your offer? They may be considering you as a near miss candidate - you should call them
Original post by She-Ra
If your place is still showing as conditional let us know, we'll do what we can to help you :heart:

I still am being shown conditional
Original post by mosas002
I still am being shown conditional

Where did you apply? Are you waiting on any GCSE retakes?
Reply 7
Original post by chelseadagg3r
It means your firm hasn't made a decision yet. I'm assuming you didn't meet your offer? They may be considering you as a near miss candidate - you should call them

I'm on my way to my college now to find out so I'll know in a few minutes aha, clearing here I come
My son is still showing as conditional. What does it mean ? Bad news ?
Reply 9
I’m waiting for Aston to confirm my place. Still says conditional 😭
Original post by anna_00
I'm on my way to my college now to find out so I'll know in a few minutes aha, clearing here I come

Wishing you luck! Not necessarily!!

Original post by A20065
I’m waiting for Aston to confirm my place. Still says conditional 😭

Fingers crossed for you. Do you know your results yet?
Original post by ParamedicsMummy
My son is still showing as conditional. What does it mean ? Bad news ?

Awww, try not to worry - he might be a near-miss i.e one grade down. Do you mind letting me know where they have applied? I can try and advise you better then.
Original post by She-Ra
Where did you apply? Are you waiting on any GCSE retakes?

I have applied to medway school of pharmacy, and I did send off my gcse certificate, I was ment to re-sit but didn't go through with it...should I give them a call??
Original post by anna_00

If you are in Clearing we here all day to help. You might have missed your offer by one grade.... what is your firm choice? Some unis have a tendancy to do this, we see it every year on TSR and you're not alone :hugs:
Reply 14
Original post by She-Ra

My place is still showing conditional on mine but I definitely messed up my grades. (I'm a private candidate and already got my results) what does this actually means?
I’ve been waiting since IB grades release to find out if I got in to Durham (I met two out of the three conditions of my offer and missed my third condition by one grade mark). Can anyone help/please give advice?
Reply 16
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)Wishing you luck! Not necessarily!!

Fingers crossed for you. Do you know your results yet?
I don’t know my results yet. Does this mean I’ve done bad if ucas hasn’t updated! 😭
Original post by mosas002
I have applied to medway school of pharmacy, and I did send off my gcse certificate, I was ment to re-sit but didn't go through with it...should I give them a call??

Ok. They will probably be waiting for your GCSE results next week - call them and let them know :smile:
Ugh mine hasn't updated apart from insurance choice... More waiting until results then :frown:
Original post by anxiughty
I’ve been waiting since IB grades release to find out if I got in to Durham (I met two out of the three conditions of my offer and missed my third condition by one grade mark). Can anyone help/please give advice?

They'll be waiting to see how A-level students have done. You aren't the only Durham applicant in this position. You could call them to let them know you're still really interested, but it sounds like they're considering you as a near miss candidate

Latest

Trending

Trending