The Student Room Group

Firm choice changed

i chose to study business as my firm choice and had a conditional offer, and today they have changed the offer so now i have an unconditional but i have to do a foundation year when i don’t want to, what shall i do?
Original post by amaanzaman
i chose to study business as my firm choice and had a conditional offer, and today they have changed the offer so now i have an unconditional but i have to do a foundation year when i don’t want to, what shall i do?

If they have offered you a change of course, you should be able to chose whether to accept this or reject this on track (if you don't have this option, phone UCAS).

You can then look for other options in clearing, if you wish.
They've done this because unfortunately you didn't meet the conditions for your original offer. You're under no obligation to do the course with a foundation year if you don't want to. If you'd prefer then you can look for another course in clearing instead.

You can either accept the change in course or decline it and go to your insurance.
Reply 4
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
They've done this because unfortunately you didn't meet the conditions for your original offer. You're under no obligation to do the course with a foundation year if you don't want to. If you'd prefer then you can look for another course in clearing instead.

So is there no way i can still go to this university without doing a foundation year? and if i went into clearing would my other offers still be there? because my insurance choice offered me what i wanted from my firm choice so i’m not sure yet

You don't have to accept the alternative course if you don't want to. As this has been offered as an alternative course you have the option of going to this uni with the foundation course or if your insurance has also becoming unconditional firm you can choose to go there instead. If your insurance has rejected you,you can instead choose to go into clearing to make a new choice.
Hope that makes sense :smile:

Hello

Depending on your grades, you may still be able to do a three-year degree course with us. Contact us on any of the methods here
https://www.glyndwr.ac.uk/en/Clearing/Clearinghelpline/ to discuss further.

Best of luck!
Reply 7
Original post by Lemur14
You don't have to accept the alternative course if you don't want to. As this has been offered as an alternative course you have the option of going to this uni with the foundation course or if your insurance has also becoming unconditional firm you can choose to go there instead. If your insurance has rejected you,you can instead choose to go into clearing to make a new choice.
Hope that makes sense :smile:

Thank you, so is there no way of me going to my preferred university without having to do the foundation year? and if i went into clearing would all of my other offers be declined or anything?
So is there no way i can still go to this university without doing a foundation year? and if i went into clearing would my other offers still be there? because my insurance choice offered me what i wanted from my firm choice so i’m not sure yet

You can contact them to discuss it, but unfortunately they've already had your results for a few days so have had time to consider people who narrowly missed the grades. It's unlikely that they'll change their mind unless there are circumstances that they're not aware of.

You can only enter clearing if you currently hold no offers, so you would have to ask both your firm and insurance choice unis to withdraw.
Reply 9
Original post by Little Tail Chaser

Also, would i be able to do a different course in the university i want to go to? for example Since my firm choice offered me a foundation year, could i still look for other courses in this university without foundation years ?
Thank you, so is there no way of me going to my preferred university without having to do the foundation year? and if i went into clearing would all of my other offers be declined or anything?

I'm afraid if your firm uni have offered you a foundation course, you won't be accepted to go for the course without the foundation year.

So your options are:

1. Accept this place

2. Decline and go for your insurance choice if they have accepted you

3. Ask to be placed into Clearing and go for courses that are available there

Good luck with your decision :smile:
Also, would i be able to do a different course in the university i want to go to? for example Since my firm choice offered me a foundation year, could i still look for other courses in this university without foundation years ?

If those courses are in Clearing, then yes you can look at those. You may also be transfer directly (without going through Clearing) if you contact the university, but I can't promise that.
Reply 12
Original post by Interrobang
I'm afraid if your firm uni have offered you a foundation course, you won't be accepted to go for the course without the foundation year.

So your options are:

1. Accept this place

2. Decline and go for your insurance choice if they have accepted you

3. Ask to be placed into Clearing and go for courses that are available there

Good luck with your decision :smile:

Thanks for the help and if i go into clearing will all of my other choices be automatically declined?
Thanks for the help and if i go into clearing will all of my other choices be automatically declined?

:yes:

Yes - you can't be holding an offer to be eligible for Clearing. You need to ask your uni to put you into Clearing

Essentially no, not for that course anyway. They'll have considered you for the main course so they won't take you again through clearing. Yes if you went into clearing all other options would be be declined.
Reply 16
Original post by Interrobang
Yes - you can't be holding an offer to be eligible for Clearing. You need to ask your uni to put you into Clearing

thanks for your help
thanks for your help

That's OK. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending