The Student Room Group

Predicted A*A*A* at A level got EDD

So I was predicted Three A*s, all my mocks came back the same, my exams went really well (I thought), I felt really comfortable with each question, I new the syllabus of by heart, I got straight A*s in my GCSEs and right up until the day of the exams I was getting work back from teachers as all A*, now its results day and I can see the letters D D E staring up at me. I feel like I'm going insane, was I just really over confident? I mean I got an offer from Cambridge so I can't have that bad? Did my paper get swapped with someone else's? Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Ps It might sound crazy, but I sat my exams at a really low standard exam centre, and is it possible that they made a mistake?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Lakegirl18
So I was predicted Three A*s, all my mocks came back the same, my exams went really well (I thought), I felt really comfortable with each question, I new the syllabus of by heart, I got straight A*s in my GCSEs and right up until the day of the exams I was getting work back from teachers as all A*, now its results day and I can see the letters D D E staring up at me. I feel like I'm going insane, was I just really over confident? I mean I got an offer from Cambridge so I can't have that bad? Did my paper get swapped with someone else's? Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Ps It might sound crazy, but I sat my exams at a really low standard exam centre, and is it possible that they made a mistake?

wow thats honestly tragic.
But were your grades predicted by your teachers?
Omg
you got an offer from Cambridge even though you got DDE? that could be due to knowing your extenuating circumstance or it could be a mix up, is there anyone from your college like an exams co-ordinator that you can get to check on the system / someone you can ring up just in case?
Original post by Sayf200
wow thats honestly tragic.
But were your grades predicted by your teachers?

Hi, thanks for replying , they were predicted by both school teachers and a private Tutor :-/

Did you go in to school to collect your results you should have a chat with the teachers and see what they say they know you really well from a academic point of view so should be able to help you out? So happy you still got your offer from Cambridge! Seems like a really weird circumstance. Let me know how it goes sending lots of love xxx
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by CinnamonSmol
you got an offer from Cambridge even though you got DDE? that could be due to knowing your extenuating circumstance or it could be a mix up, is there anyone from your college like an exams co-ordinator that you can get to check on the system / someone you can ring up just in case?

It was a conditional offer, parents on phone to ucas rn, but I can't call the exam centre since they are inconveniently on holiday for two weeks
Reply 7
yeah atleast you an offer from Cambridge
Offer from Cambridge was Conditional, emphasis on was
Something doesn't sound right here, I would definitely get in touch with the university and/or UCAS and see if there has been some kind of mistake. Also I would advise getting them remarked.
Sounds like a cockup. How did you honestly feel your exams went?
It was a conditional offer, parents on phone to ucas rn, but I can't call the exam centre since they are inconveniently on holiday for two weeks

(bit bad of your centre being closed on results day...) ringing up UCAS is a good idea, hopefully they'll be able to see what's going on, maybe you could ring up Cambridge and just make sure that everythings okay? -its not that I dont think you got in, its just better to make sure now rather than later that you have a place:smile:
Or maybe you did just do bad? Strange no one has mentioned that possibility...
Original post by CinnamonSmol
(bit bad of your centre being closed on results day...) ringing up UCAS is a good idea, hopefully they'll be able to see what's going on, maybe you could ring up Cambridge and just make sure that everythings okay? -its not that I dont think you got in, its just better to make sure now rather than later that you have a place:smile:

Hi thanks, I will give them a ring to ask of they'll hold my place, but it's not likely
Original post by NevrLucky
Something doesn't sound right here, I would definitely get in touch with the university and/or UCAS and see if there has been some kind of mistake. Also I would advise getting them remarked.

Yeah I'll call them and have them remarked maybe they know something I don't
Original post by NevrLucky

Yeah I'll call them and have them remarked maybe they know something I don't
Original post by julietlima3
Sounds like a cockup. How did you honestly feel your exams went?

Really well ,I mean I don't want to sound arrogant, but I felt really comfortable with the questions , perhaps I'm just insane
Reply 16
Query this. Best of luck, that's unbelievable
Hi thanks, I will give them a ring to ask of they'll hold my place, but it's not likely

If they have given you a place, maybe you should ask them why/what grades they saw you had gotten, I hope things work out for you, this is definitely a very unique situation :smile:
I'd suggest buying your papers back to see where you went wrong, maybe request for a remark?
Original post by Goldfish4343
Or maybe you did just do bad? Strange no one has mentioned that possibility...

of course this is the internet, and you get all sorts of walter mittys. that said, taking what OP said at face value, to go from A*A*A* to EDD is....pretty incredulous

it's still not clear if OP was accepted by cambridge or not. have you checked UCAS?

Latest