The Student Room Group

BTEC Results 2018

BTEC Results 2018

It's that time of year again! Having been a BTEC student myself, I know how nerve wracking it can be when it comes to getting your results. I also know that while there's a lot of information out there about next steps for students taking other level 3 qualifications, it can be quite confusing when it comes to BTECs - especially if you haven't done as well as you hoped.

Feel free to post your results when you get them using the format below, and let us know how you're feeling and what you'll be doing next!

Need advice on BTEC results. It's here.

Results
Subject: Predicted ? / Achieved ?

Scroll to see replies

Good luck everyone!
Getting my results Thursday so nervous
Good luck everyone 🙏🏽
So btec results get released tomorrow - but my son can’t find out till Thursday. Could his uni firm contact him tomorrow ?
(My college would let us have our results today, our certificates won't me sent out till November for what ever reason)
- Level 3 Games Design -
Predicted: PPP
Achieved: MMM

Needed an MPP to get into my first choice so I'm super happy about that :biggrin:
Starting September I'll be doing foundation concept art at Teesside University, moving into my dorm room on the 15th September
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by McPiranha
(My college would let us have our results today, our certificates won't me sent out till November for what ever reason)
- Level 3 Games Design -

Needed an MPP to get into my first choice so I'm super happy about that :biggrin:
Starting September I'll be doing foundation concept art at Teesside University, moving into my dorm room on the 15th September

That's fantastic well done!! How are you celebrating? :smile:
Original post by IDK123896796
Good luck everyone 🙏🏽

How've you got on?
I got D*D*D* in Business
Just waiting for my GCSE Maths results then hopefully off to uni to study International Business :biggrin:
Original post by IDK123896796
Good luck everyone 🙏🏽

How did you do? :crossedf:

Original post by ParamedicsMummy
So btec results get released tomorrow - but my son can’t find out till Thursday. Could his uni firm contact him tomorrow ?

How did your son do? Sorry I didn't see this question sooner!

- Level 3 Games Design -

Congrats! You did so well. You must be really happy. Are you excited about starting uni?

Original post by LunaMoonxzx
I got D*D*D* in Business
Just waiting for my GCSE Maths results then hopefully off to uni to study International Business :biggrin:

Good luck with your GCSE result - let us know how you get on!
Reply 9
I got D*D*D* in Business

Hey future Btec woman . How does one get all D*?
I got a distinction in the extended certificate for Level 3 Business Studies.(1 alevel)

I got a merit in the foundation diploma for Level 3 Forensic Investigations (1.5 alevels)

I also got a grade C in Psychology
I got in to my firm uni to study Accountancy and finance at Lincoln.
Absolutely, it's a little scary but at the same time I'm super excited to start and live on my own :biggrin:
Original post by Thelabtatpast
I got a distinction in the extended certificate for Level 3 Business Studies.(1 alevel)

I got a merit in the foundation diploma for Level 3 Forensic Investigations (1.5 alevels)
I also got a grade C in Psychology
I got in to my firm uni to study Accountancy and finance at Lincoln.

That's really good! Are you excited about going to Lincoln?

Absolutely, it's a little scary but at the same time I'm super excited to start and live on my own :biggrin:

Ahhh that's great - and you'll get on fine! Enjoy!
Original post by chelseadagg3r
That's really good! Are you excited about going to Lincoln?

Ahhh that's great - and you'll get on fine! Enjoy!

Im very excited i can hardly contain myself!lol
Original post by Jj1EM
Hey future Btec woman . How does one get all D*?

Hey :3
Study the units that you would be doing in the first term/semester over the summer holidays. I used the BTEC Level 3 Business Book 1 and 2. You can also find presentations online of some of the units you will be doing.

When your teacher gives you worksheets, don't throw them away XD use them for revision. Also everyday spend about 30 minutes to an hour reviewing all your class notes and if you don't understand something look it up or ask your teacher or a classmate.
Depending on which study method suits you best, for me flashcards and practice questions are good for when you have exams. (You might have exams it depends, I had a few.)

Its also good to know how to reference, my college made us do the Harvard referencing, you can find out how to do by searching on Google.
It's important your writing/ essay/ report skills and grammar are good.
omg also its important to not leave your assignment to the last minute, start working on it the day the assignment brief has been given to you. You do get a chance to re submit your assignment, I didn't need to this year because I made sure not to rush anything but I did last year. Also you get a lot of assignments, so having to do re submissions on top of that is just extra stress.

It's also hard to balance school and work, I found myself struggling a bit when I started working a lot of hours because I didn't have much time to do my assignments and was always tired in class so I spoke to my Manager and did less hours so I can have time to focus on my studies.

Sorry if I said a lot XD I hope this helps! if you have any questions please ask :3
I got D*D*D* in Business

what uni are you going to?
I got D*D*D and also went on to do international business.
Original post by motheryucker
what uni are you going to?
I got D*D*D and also went on to do international business.

I haven't gotten a decision yet on UCAS but its either University of Greenwich or University of Westminster, and you?
Health and social care level 3 btec - worth one level;
Exam: two merits
Coursework: two distinctions

Distinction overall :biggrin:
Combined with two Cs in psychology and sociology, going to uni for Psychology
(edited 5 years ago)
I haven't gotten a decision yet on UCAS but its either University of Greenwich or University of Westminster, and you?

I'm going into my second year, at the university of Liverpool.
Original post by motheryucker
I'm going into my second year, at the university of Liverpool.

Oh cool, how is the course so far?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending