The Student Room Group

provisional offer

what does it mean when you got a provisional offer from a uni?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ricardo678
what does it mean when you got a provisional offer from a uni?

Can you give more information? Is this by contacting a uni through Clearing?
Reply 2
Original post by Interrobang
Can you give more information? Is this by contacting a uni through Clearing?

yes i contacted the uni via clearing because my track offers did not update. But my first offer is still displayed as conditional. Need help pls.
yes i contacted the uni via clearing because my track offers did not update. But my first offer is still displayed as conditional. Need help pls.

If your firm/insurance are showing as conditional, it means that they haven't made a decision. They could still accept you. So if you still want to go there, I would ring them and find out what is happening - when you can expect to get a decision. If you've changed your mind, ask them to place you into Clearing and then you'll be able to (when you've got your Clearing ID) add your Clearing choice after 3pm today

What uni are you waiting on?
Reply 4
If your firm/insurance are showing as conditional, it means that they haven't made a decision. They could still accept you. So if you still want to go there, I would ring them and find out what is happening - when you can expect to get a decision. If you've changed your mind, ask them to place you into Clearing and then you'll be able to (when you've got your Clearing ID) add your Clearing choice after 3pm today

What uni are you waiting on?

Brunel University
Brunel University

Ring them :smile:
Reply 6
Ring them :smile:

I have rang them and they offered me a provisional course and i got a clearing ID. What to do next?
I have rang them and they offered me a provisional course and i got a clearing ID. What to do next?

You will need to add your choice to Track from 3pm today :smile:
Reply 8
You will need to add your choice to Track from 3pm today :smile:

Need help. I still hold offer from my firm and insurance but i havent got a reply from them still. does that mean i am still eligible for clearing.
Need help. I still hold offer from my firm and insurance but i havent got a reply from them still. does that mean i am still eligible for clearing.

You can't add choices until you've been placed into Clearing. You need to get your firm/insurance to do this before you can apply for a course in Clearing on Track
Reply 10
You can't add choices until you've been placed into Clearing. You need to get your firm/insurance to do this before you can apply for a course in Clearing on Track

i got an email saying the below what should i do next?
Congratulations! We are pleased to confirm that you have been given a provisional offer for Engineering (H101), starting in September 2018 at Brunel University London through Clearing.
Congratulations! We are pleased to confirm that you have been given a provisional offer for Engineering (H101), starting in September 2018 at Brunel University London through Clearing.

Then you'll need to add them to Track at 3pm :smile: But you need to have a Clearing ID to do this
Reply 12
Then you'll need to add them to Track at 3pm :smile: But you need to have a Clearing ID to do this

thank you
Reply 13

Do you want to go to Brunel even if your firm / insurance confirm your place? If so you need to contact your firm now and ask to be put into clearing.

Which uni is your firm?
Reply 14
Original post by Doonesbury
Do you want to go to Brunel even if your firm / insurance confirm your place? If so you need to contact your firm now and ask to be put into clearing.

Which uni is your firm?

brunel
Reply 15
brunel

btw should i contact via clearing?
Reply 16
brunel

Hold on. You said you had a provisional offer from Brunel via Clearing. Do you also have Firm and Insurance offers in Track from other universities? If so, which ones?
Reply 17
Original post by Doonesbury
Hold on. You said you had a provisional offer from Brunel via Clearing. Do you also have Firm and Insurance offers in Track from other universities? If so, which ones?

I have firm from brunel and an insurance from bournmouth.
Reply 18
I have firm from brunel and an insurance from bournmouth.

Right, so you have a Clearing offer and Firm offer from the same university... Did you tell Brunel you are waiting for their Firm offer when you asked about Clearing?

You need to speak to Brunel about all this...
Hi, sorry, I'm on the same situation. Brunel has given me a provisional offer. Do I just need to make them as my clearing choice on UCAS from 3pm?
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending