The Student Room Group

I got 3 A*s, AMA

I got my a level results and got 3 A*s in maths, further maths, and physics. Ask me anything!

Scroll to see replies

Congrats!!
Reply 2
Original post by flabi
I got my a level results and got 3 A*s in maths, further maths, and physics. Ask me anything!

what uni are you going to? I just got my results back and I'm aiming for the same, thinking of applying to cambridge.
Did your ego also inflate?
Damn, smashed it brudda!!
**** well done man that's great.

What are you doing after these A-Levels then?
Jk, I'm just trying to get some cheeky reps:biggrin:

Congrats! What uni are you off to?
Original post by flabi

Congratulations!

How hard did you find the exams?

How hard did you study?

Did you get what you expected?

Did you get a place at university?

How are you going to celebrate all your hard work?

xxx
Reply 8
Original post by Mabey
what uni are you going to? I just got my results back and I'm aiming for the same, thinking of applying to cambridge.

Good luck with Cambridge! I’m going to the Uni of Nottingham to study physics 😄
Reply 9
Original post by Bill Nye
**** well done man that's great.

What are you doing after these A-Levels then?

Thank you 😄
Going to Nottingham to study physics!
Original post by flabi
Good luck with Cambridge! I’m going to the Uni of Nottingham to study physics 😄

I got the same as you (but chemistry rather than FM) and I'm just going into third year of physics at Nottingham!

You're gonna love it :wink:
Original post by flabi

any tips for an getting an A* in physics. I'am in year 12 got my AS results and in physics i got a C i would really like an A or A*.But a B in further maths and an A in maths.
Reply 12
Original post by CrazyKittenLady
Congratulations!

How hard did you find the exams?

How hard did you study?

Did you get what you expected?

Did you get a place at university?

How are you going to celebrate all your hard work?

xxx

I found the majority of the exams fairly easy - there were a couple of harder further maths exams and physics always makes me think, but overall I think I was prepared enough that they didn’t feel too hard!

I studied in almost all of my free periods right from the beginning of year 12, and then after school most of year 13 for increasing periods of time until studying, eating and sleeping were the only things I was doing

I was expecting something close to this, and these were my predicted grades, but it was still a bit of a shock when I saw the results 😆

Yes I got a place at Nottingham!

I’m going out clubbing tonight 😄😄 xxx
Reply 13
Original post by flabi
Thank you 😄
Going to Nottingham to study physics!

Ah nice, any reason for applying there? I hear they have a really good astrophysics department.
Original post by flabi
I found the majority of the exams fairly easy - there were a couple of harder further maths exams and physics always makes me think, but overall I think I was prepared enough that they didn’t feel too hard!

I studied in almost all of my free periods right from the beginning of year 12, and then after school most of year 13 for increasing periods of time until studying, eating and sleeping were the only things I was doing

I was expecting something close to this, and these were my predicted grades, but it was still a bit of a shock when I saw the results 😆

Yes I got a place at Nottingham!

I’m going out clubbing tonight 😄😄 xxx

Yay all the hard work and prep paid off woo! So happy for you have a lovely night out !!!!
Reply 15
Original post by the cookie
any tips for an getting an A* in physics. I'am in year 12 got my AS results and in physics i got a C i would really like an A or A*.But a B in further maths and an A in maths.

Physics was the most difficult subject imo, and my biggest piece of advice is ask if you don’t understand something! I bugged my teachers with so many questions and they’d explain things to me until I understood them, so that when I got into the exam I was comfortable talking about all aspects of the content. Other tips are start revising the content now so you can go over it several times before the exams, and do lots of past paper questions. Isaac physics is good if you want to try some more challenging questions too. Best of luck in your studies 😊
nice one. what exam board was physics? got an A* in that too which was quite surprising
Reply 17
Original post by Mabey
Ah nice, any reason for applying there? I hear they have a really good astrophysics department.

It’s the perfect distance from home, the physics department has such a lovely vibe, the campus is beautiful, and they have research into medical physics which really interests me
Original post by the cookie

what exam board?
Reply 19
Original post by tome123
nice one. what exam board was physics? got an A* in that too which was quite surprising

We did OCR A. Congrats on your A*!!
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest