The Student Room Group

When to start Cambridge application?

Hi, I'm an international student (from Bangladesh). I want to apply to Cambridge, along with Imperial, UCL, Manchester and Edinburgh. I received my AS results (CIE) on 14th and those were 'good'. The Cambridge website shows a deadline (15 Oct) for UCAS but no starting date. When should I open my UCAS account?
You should be able to open it already :smile: Your school should be able to help you with this unless you're applying independently.
Reply 2
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
You should be able to open it already :smile: Your school should be able to help you with this unless you're applying independently.

But Imperial's website says:

The opening date for UCAS applications for admissions in October 2019 is 01 September 2018.
I already have my UCAS account created with all my iGCSE results in it and previous qualifications. Your school should make your account for you and then you got to submit your application before 15th October for Oxbridge.

Actually putting your predictions, PS and sending it off to unis is supposed to start early September.
Original post by ifahad64
But Imperial's website says:

The opening date for UCAS applications for admissions in October 2019 is 01 September 2018.

You won't be able to submit your application before this date, but you can open an account and start inputting your details. You don't have to complete your whole application in one go, you can log in multiple times and complete sections bits at a time.
Reply 5
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
You won't be able to submit your application before this date, but you can open an account and start inputting your details. You don't have to complete your whole application in one go, you can log in multiple times and complete sections bits at a time.

Thanks for clarifying me! I don't know if my school is a UCAS centre or not. Our university admission officer is in the USA now. I asked another administrative officer in our school about this but he doesn't seem to know anything about these things. Actually, most students in our school apply to American universities, even though our school offers UK qualifications. So, most people here are ignorant about UK application. But I've seen many UCAS posters in the office. So I think it's highly likely that my school is a centre. Is there any other way to confirm it?
Original post by ifahad64
Thanks for clarifying me! I don't know if my school is a UCAS centre or not. Our university admission officer is in the USA now. I asked another administrative officer in our school about this but he doesn't seem to know anything about these things. Actually, most students in our school apply to American universities, even though our school offers UK qualifications. So, most people here are ignorant about UK application. But I've seen many UCAS posters in the office. So I think it's highly likely that my school is a centre. Is there any other way to confirm it?

If there are UCAS posters up then as you say I assume that you're at a centre registered with UCAS, but I'm afraid I'm not personally aware of a way to check. It's not urgent right now so I would just suggest asking your university adviser when they return. You can start working on your personal statement without having a UCAS account and everything else won't take too long to fill in, so don't stress about it now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending