The Student Room Group

Revison

Im struggling to get motivated to do chemistry revsion as i dislike the subject
Has any one got any ideas on what i could do
What I did as boring as it sounds I just basically copied parts from the revision guide onto flash cards it did help though they’re good to look back on even if it’s just one it’s something. I despised physics as I was bad at maths but I’d just occasionally make a few flash cards then move onto something I preferred to get it over and done with
Original post by Jasmin3
Im struggling to get motivated to do chemistry revsion as i dislike the subject
Has any one got any ideas on what i could do

I went onto youtube and looked for videos of people explaining topics that I didnt understand (which was all of it as I never had a proper chemistry teacher) and did practice papers and questions from my revision guide. I completely understand your lack of motivation as I was the exact same a couple of months ago but you just have to keep pushing through, once you get into a rhythm of revision it will become easier. Good luck xx
I’m not a massive fan of chemistry either, but now I’m doing it for a level 😬
I usually revise by taking notes directly from the spec if I can, and you can often find other people’s notes online that can help you make your own. I made it more bearable by making my notes look nice so I’d want to read them.
Reply 4
Original post by I'mCookieMonster
I went onto youtube and looked for videos of people explaining topics that I didnt understand (which was all of it as I never had a proper chemistry teacher) and did practice papers and questions from my revision guide. I completely understand your lack of motivation as I was the exact same a couple of months ago but you just have to keep pushing through, once you get into a rhythm of revision it will become easier. Good luck xx

Hi
Thanks for your advice
Is there any websites or books that you would reccomened for me
Reply 5
Original post by Marcbark143
What I did as boring as it sounds I just basically copied parts from the revision guide onto flash cards it did help though they’re good to look back on even if it’s just one it’s something. I despised physics as I was bad at maths but I’d just occasionally make a few flash cards then move onto something I preferred to get it over and done with

Hey
Is there any revision guides you would reccomend or anything else to help with revision
Thanks
Original post by Jasmin3
Hi
Thanks for your advice
Is there any websites or books that you would reccomened for me

My revision guide was the trusty CGP GCSE Chemistry one although I did find that it had more information than it did questions to test myself with. The website positive charge was also helpful when it came to understanding the information although you have to buy a subscription to use it. Seneca learning (website) was also fab and I used this for several subjects including chemistry.
Reply 7
Original post by I'mCookieMonster
My revision guide was the trusty CGP GCSE Chemistry one although I did find that it had more information than it did questions to test myself with. The website positive charge was also helpful when it came to understanding the information although you have to buy a subscription to use it. Seneca learning (website) was also fab and I used this for several subjects including chemistry.

Thanks
You have been really helpful
I'll check those out

Quick Reply

Latest