The Student Room Group

Do I take a gap year or study medicine abroad or do biomed then medicine

I have just received my results and i got A for maths B for bio B for chem and C for turkish and I was rejected by all my medicine offers because of my low UKCAT results so should I retake a year and redo my UKCAT and possibly boost my grades up with bio and chem or should I do biomed or go abroad :frown:
Original post by DeezNutz69
I have just received my results and i got A for maths B for bio B for chem and C for turkish and I was rejected by all my medicine offers because of my low UKCAT results so should I retake a year and redo my UKCAT and possibly boost my grades up with bio and chem or should I do biomed or go abroad :frown:

Only a handful of med schools will consider a person with resits.
Resitting is not really an option in medicine.

If you are committed then Biomed and try to do really well so you can ask for a transfer, with GEM as backup.

Abroad if you have the money and can put up with it.

Its your choice based on whether you think you can pull it out of the bag. Either choice works and fails for others. neither are perfect.

You were rejected most likely because of your grades be that A level or UKcat. You dont say what your score was.
Reply 2
I got DDC (AS results) so it’s very likely that I need to take a gap year . Is there any advice in terms of applications/Uni that I should take on board ?
I’m sitting my UKCAT in 12 days so I need to wait for that . But I’m quite lost , I don’t know what to do now?

Any help would be much appreciated
Thank you
Hello everyone, my name is Remi Akindele, I study medicine at plovdiv medical university in the 4th course. I also didn’t get into medicine when I first applied. The worst thing you can do is do a degree you don’t want to do! Secondly a gap year in medicine to resit won’t help I’m afraid. If you have any questions please feel free to find me on Facebook. I will answer any questions you might have about studying abroad, there are a lot of countries and options to choose from!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending