The Student Room Group

Meming to Oxbridge II [Year 13 GYG]

(We'll work on this later)

Hi there, over the course of my life I've gone by many names, however on this platform in particular, I go by thotproduct.

Some quick etymology for this one: it's the fascinating port-manteau of thot (patrol), and dot-product. We always have to be on our toes, not just in Maths.

This GYG, is of course, for my Year 13 misadventures. My Year 12 one is here, if you really care (I don't tbh, and you can tell by the formatting lmaooo).

I do Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry. My board for Maths, Further Maths and Physics is OCR A, my Chemistry board is AQA.

Some quick background:
GCSE:

Spoiler

AS Level:

Spoiler

A Level:

Spoiler

>so tell us about yourself?
I promise I'm really interesting if you get to know me, but this is just a GYG so you'll probably learn some things or two about me as we go along, some good, others less so. Without sounding like a bait tinder thot's bio:

I play piano and guitar a bit I guess?

I like my video games I guess?

I speak some languages?

Programming a bit? And do a few sports?

The odd olympiad or three?

>so what's next after Y12?
I told you I would get AAAA at the start of Y12, and that's what I got, this year I'm applying for Cambridge for Maths (or Engineering [Electronic] and then Maths) (I think?, still kinda undecided but leaning towards Maths desu). As such, I'm sitting STEP (even if I don't end up doing Maths it's good fun and I enjoy doing this stuff, it's just what I do well at), MAT and all that jazz.

Olympiad: BChO, BPhO, BMO1 (hopefully), and maybe...just maybe, BMO2? We shall see.

In any case, catch me applying to:
Cambridge: Corpus Christi College
Imperial
UCL
Bristol
Sheffield/Warwick

>tell us your revision technique?
I couldn't tell you because I don't have one. Listening in class would be a good start though.

Everything else
I also try and make deep convo whenever I can to spice things up when things are going slow, do you really think I'm gonna be revising during the holidays, miss me with that, I'm taking some fat naps. I'll try and perhaps incorporate some sort of system where I take requests for topics or things to do or whatnot, to make this place somewhat lively, my grades aren't that interesting to spend an entire year staring at letters and various raw marks.

Tags:
The old squad, with some other guys who I think MAY be interested, taking new tag people everyday, and obviously since GYGs are some long ting and some of them have the audacity with the daily or even twice a day regular updates it can be vexing. I usually update once a week or once a fortnight so I'll try not to be too disruptive(!). If you wanna come in, if you wanna come out, just ask, unlike Luis Suarez, I don't bite, and unlike Zinedine Zidane, you won't get headbutted for saying so.

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
YES let's go
🇪🇺
Reply 3
Original post by thotproduct

(We'll work on this later)

Hi there, over the course of my life I've gone by many names, however on this platform in particular, I go by thotproduct.

Some quick etymology for this one: it's the fascinating port-manteau of thot (patrol), and dot-product. We always have to be on our toes, not just in Maths.

This GYG, is of course, for my Year 13 misadventures. My Year 12 one is here, if you really care (I don't tbh, and you can tell by the formatting lmaooo).

I do Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry. My board for Maths, Further Maths and Physics is OCR A, my Chemistry board is AQA.

Some quick background:
GCSE:

Spoiler

AS Level:

Spoiler

A Level:

Spoiler

>so tell us about yourself?
I promise I'm really interesting if you get to know me, but this is just a GYG so you'll probably learn some things or two about me as we go along, some good, others less so. Without sounding like a bait tinder thot's bio:

I play piano and guitar a bit I guess?

I like my video games I guess?

I speak some languages?

Programming a bit? And do a few sports?

The odd olympiad or three?

>so what's next after Y12?
I told you I would get AAAA at the start of Y12, and that's what I got, this year I'm applying for Cambridge for Maths (I think?, still kinda undecided but leaning towards Cambridge desu). As such, I'm sitting STEP (even if I don't end up doing Maths it's good fun and I enjoy doing this stuff, it's just what I do well at), MAT and all that jazz.

Olympiad: BChO, BPhO, BMO1 (hopefully), and maybe...just maybe, BMO2? We shall see.

In any case, catch me applying to:
Cambridge: Corpus Christi College
Imperial
UCL
Bristol
Sheffield/Warwick

>tell us your revision technique?
I couldn't tell you because I don't have one. Listening in class would be a good start though.

Everything else
I also try and make deep convo whenever I can to spice things up when things are going slow, do you really think I'm gonna be revising during the holidays, miss me with that, I'm taking some fat naps. I'll try and perhaps incorporate some sort of system where I take requests for topics or things to do or whatnot, to make this place somewhat lively, my grades aren't that interesting to spend an entire year staring at letters and various raw marks.

Tags:
The old squad, with some other guys who I think MAY be interested, taking new tag people everyday, and obviously since GYGs are some long ting and some of them have the audacity with the daily or even twice a day regular updates it can be vexing. I usually update once a week or once a fortnight so I'll try not to be too disruptive(!). If you wanna come in, if you wanna come out, just ask, unlike Luis Suarez, I don't bite, and unlike Zinedine Zidane, you won't get headbutted for saying so.

Spoiler

PRSOM. Will definitely be watching this. :wink:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Yeah Yeah Gang Gang.
A Levels no pressure.
Original post by Quirky Object
🇪🇺

Экс ди
:ninja:
(no tag list though please)
glhf👍 keep me on the tags list pls :wink:
Original post by Black Water
PRSOM. Will definitely be watching this. :wink:

Cheers

Original post by have
Yeah Yeah Gang Gang.
A Levels no pressure.

My guyyyy uno I adhere to the Santan school of thought

Original post by Lemur14
:ninja:
(no tag list though please)

sure thing!

Original post by psc---maths
glhf👍 keep me on the tags list pls :wink:

thank you ! the same for yourself too. Of course.
Why are you applying Corpus Christi 😭😭😭😧 you know they don’t have running water
awwww thx for tagging!!! keep me on the list plz
:blush::blush:feel like you are my crush now [academic one lol
Reply 11
Original post by Jdiwuodr

only in like old court. maybe worth showering in a different building to get to live in the oldest student accommodation in the world???
Original post by Jdiwuodr

It's ok I'll make it work lmao. I can tell you that I've grown up in worse conditions.

Original post by have
only in like old court. maybe worth showering in a different building to get to live in the oldest student accommodation in the world???

I live in hope still g
Original post by vivienne0402
awwww thx for tagging!!! keep me on the list plz
:blush::blush:feel like you are my crush now [academic one lol

Sure thing! Thanks! You do my subs too?
Sure thing! Thanks! You do my subs too?

same if you swap ocr physics for edexcel biology
same if you swap ocr physics for edexcel biology

Oof nice, same boards too. I think I remember your face in the unofficial markschemes. I'm not very smart when it comes to words, and Biology being the english literature of the sciences always made me feel uneasy lmao.
Oof nice, same boards too. I think I remember your face in the unofficial markschemes. I'm not very smart when it comes to words, and Biology being the english literature of the sciences always made me feel uneasy lmao.

yeah I remember you too lol. :cry::cry:same! biology is a fun to learn but not when the exam comes......
Attachment not found
(edited 5 years ago)
yeah I remember you too lol. :cry::cry:same! biology is a fun to learn but not when the exam comes......
Attachment not found

LOOOOL nice. Did you get your mark breakdown for OCR Maths?
christ all you ****in nerds do maths dont you. tag me pls i hope seeing other smart people revives my last 2 brain cells
Original post by dinomite
christ all you ****in nerds do maths dont you. tag me pls i hope seeing other smart people revives my last 2 brain cells

Still undecided but I'm leaning to it lmaooo. Sure thing boss. Tbqh fam outside numbers, moving objects or chemical reactions I couldn't give you an intelligent answer for any other questions lmao.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending