The Student Room Group

I want to get a grade 9 for every subject, any tips?

I am doing nine subjects which include, English Lit ,English Lang, Maths ,Computer science ,French ,Geography ,Triple science And i am going into year 11 after this summer holiday
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheKebab
I am doing nine subjects which include, English Lit ,English Lang, Maths ,Computer science ,French ,Geography ,Triple science And i am going into year 11 after this summer holiday

I just want to check you do know that getting all 9s is not like getting all A*. Getting all 8s is like getting all A*.
Original post by MaizieAmyr
I just want to check you do know that getting all 9s is not like getting all A*. Getting all 8s is like getting all A*.

Yes, i know that but I want all nines
Reply 3

I agree with this, and getting A*s/8s isn't even easy, I'm here hoping to get 9-10/14,😅
Reply 4

You should start revising now and make sure that you do all the past papers from the new specification, know the specification inside out and work everyday.

Honestly, I'm all for aiming high, but you do have to think realistically.
Original post by Crow_M
I agree with this, and getting A*s/8s isn't even easy, I'm here hoping to get 9-10/14,😅

I had 6 9s for targets and at this point I just want 2 9s 6 8s and 2 7s (and my A* I have) and even that isn't looking plausible anymore.
Reply 7
I am doing nine subjects which include :colone:nglish LitEnglish LangMathsComputer scienceFrenchGeographyTriple science

While learning the content for science in school, make sure you don't leave the lesson without absolutely understanding the content or if you have a...dodgy teacher make sure you understand that topic by the end of the day so that when it comes to you doing some revision, it'll just be mainly memorising some specific points (or memorising a lot if you are doing aqa)
Start learning french vocab from the vocab list on the specification and after having completed that, do lots of comprehensions so that you can learn more words and easily read french texts.
Geography also mainly consists of understanding the content and then memorising a lot of crap afterwards.
Also, throughout the year (i'm assuming you are going into year 10/11) after having completed a topic complete as many long questions based on it. For example, after having completed a unit on volcanoes in geography, answer lots of 9 markers on the possible questions that the examiners might ask. The most important step is to ask your subject teachers to MARK this so that you have marked pieces that you can look upon a month before your exams start.
My results are coming next week so wish me luck...although I'm not ambitious enough to aim for all 9s, I hope oyu can achieve what you want to
Reply 8
I had 6 9s for targets and at this point I just want 2 9s 6 8s and 2 7s (and my A* I have) and even that isn't looking plausible anymore.

Let's hope for the best!
Totally agree. OP, if you really want to aim high but realistically aim for 8s in everythin and 9s for everything you want to take for A-Level (+ core subjects?)
Reply 10
last year only 2000 people got three 9s, I don't think anyone has got all nines before?

Also, 9s would be plausible if you had proper exam questions, but when your biology paper is a grocery list you are bound to drop marks. Yes, I'm bitter. :s-smilie:
Original post by Admera
last year only 2000 people got three 9s, I don't think anyone has got all nines before?

My brother has.....
My brother has.....

How? This is the first year to get more than 3 9-1 grades and we haven't recieved our results yet.
My brother has.....

Not trying to be rude but that would mean your brother got 3 9's and the rest whatever. Remember last year the new grading was only applicable to english lang,lit and maths so he couldnt't have possibly got all 9's because all his other subjects were still U-A*
Original post by FloralPrints
Not trying to be rude but that would mean your brother got 3 9's and the rest whatever. Remember last year the new grading was only applicable to english lang,lit and maths so he couldnt't have possibly got all 9's because all his other subjects were still U-A*

That's just what I said. :laugh: :five:
Original post by FloralPrints

Look I know that and all but i come from an African family where they see astars the same as nines and i personally think i can get that and all i am asking for is for some tips haha
Reply 17
I think it's important to know what kind of grades the student is currently on before giving this advice. I don't see a problem with a students on 8s/9s targetting all 9s. Even if they don't reach their target, they're probably still going to do very well. Plus maybe GCSE grades won't be important when they are older but targeting high grades means that the student will put more work in and probably learn more. This could help them with A Levels because they will be more confident with the GCSE fundamentals. Also, getting close to all 9s could give the OP more confidence in their academic ability going forward.

The OP asked for tips and not a formula - I disagree that this thread demonstrates that the OP is not a typical straight grade 9 student.
(edited 5 years ago)
That's just what I said. :laugh: :five:

I didnt even notice, i was probably still typing!
:biggrin:
Reply 19
Lmfao man... best of luck but your workload for all 9's will hit you like a tonne of bricks.

Quick Reply

Latest