The Student Room Group

How do you find the breakdown of your A level grade??

So, I know the breakdown for my Maths a level, but for Economics and Spanish, I was only given a final grade and not told how well I did on each test. I’m itching to know how well I did on each test in Economics and Spanish as I’m doing an economics degree and feedback is appreciated. On top of that, I want to continue my Spanish and I would like to know which area I need to improve on the most.

If anyone knows how you can find the grade you achieved on each paper (rather than be subjects as a whole), it would be greatly appreciated if you respond below 🙂
Original post by ALevel(WhichIs^)
So, I know the breakdown for my Maths a level, but for Economics and Spanish, I was only given a final grade and not told how well I did on each test. I’m itching to know how well I did on each test in Economics and Spanish as I’m doing an economics degree and feedback is appreciated. On top of that, I want to continue my Spanish and I would like to know which area I need to improve on the most.

If anyone knows how you can find the grade you achieved on each paper (rather than be subjects as a whole), it would be greatly appreciated if you respond below 🙂

Is anyone else on this situation where you’re desperate to find which papers you did well in and which papers you did badly in?

For some reason this isn’t included in my Economics and Spanish courses and I’m only presented with my final grade. How can I find the grades I achieved in each paper?
Was it a modular subject? I think you might only get the grades for modular subjects?
Original post by centraltrains
Was it a modular subject? I think you might only get the grades for modular subjects?

That’s right yes. In Maths I got the full breakdown of each AS and A2 exam, but for my other subjects, there’s just 1 grade. I just wonder if I can get the full breakdown by contacting the exam board or the head of department at my sixth form. There must be a way. Right?
Original post by ALevel(WhichIs^)

I am assuming you have just finished year 14 (otherwise please correct me) I believe I know the answer to this (Happened to me) The A-Levels for Economics and Spanish must have been a Linear A-Level, I would contact your college and request the individual paper marks (Email may be online or in your results pack) They will likely direct you to the course leader BUT you can get them to send you them over email (what I did). HOWEVER. when you say "I want to continue my Spanish" With the assumption that you have just finished year 14 if your A-Levels are Linear (which is why they didn't put the paper breakdown on your results paper) you can't resit individual parts you must resit all of the papers
(if Spanish had two papers for example it does not matter if you did better in one than the other. You would have to re-take both).

Again this is based off personal experience so may not be fitting to your own situation
Original post by therandomperson
I am assuming you have just finished year 14 (otherwise please correct me) I believe I know the answer to this (Happened to me) The A-Levels for Economics and Spanish must have been a Linear A-Level, I would contact your college and request the individual paper marks (Email may be online or in your results pack) They will likely direct you to the course leader BUT you can get them to send you them over email (what I did). HOWEVER. when you say "I want to continue my Spanish" With the assumption that you have just finished year 14 if your A-Levels are Linear (which is why they didn't put the paper breakdown on your results paper) you can't resit individual parts you must resit all of the papers
(if Spanish had two papers for example it does not matter if you did better in one than the other. You would have to re-take both).

Again this is based off personal experience so may not be fitting to your own situation

This explains it perfectly! Thanks very much, but I’m in year 13. I think that’s what you meant anyway. I’ll follow your advice🙂. I guess they only show the separate results in the modular A levels as people have the opportunity to retake. That makes sense. I now feel like this is possible. Thanks 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest