The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

How does college re-allocation work?

Hey guys,

Got my results yesterday to study history at Durham but I missed the offer by one grade and still got the offer regardless. I've had the email now saying that my college may be re-allocated due to this and was just wondering if anyone could give some more insight into how this works. I was originally allocated St Aidan's but to be honest I'm not really fussed where I end up. Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Ganda1f
Hey guys,

Got my results yesterday to study history at Durham but I missed the offer by one grade and still got the offer regardless. I've had the email now saying that my college may be re-allocated due to this and was just wondering if anyone could give some more insight into how this works. I was originally allocated St Aidan's but to be honest I'm not really fussed where I end up. Thanks! :smile:

You get given what's available.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by random_matt
You get given what's available.

I had a feeling it would be that simple haha
Original post by Ganda1f
I had a feeling it would be that simple haha

You don't have to live there.
I’m in the same position, as my college was originally self catered will they try and keep me in self catered or just move me wherever?
You don't have to live there.

If you're a first year then it's highly recommended to live in University accommodation. (colleges)
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ChemistryGuy1998
If you're a first year then it's highly recommended to live in University accommodation. (colleges)

I personally do not give **** about people's recommendations.
I personally do not give **** about people's recommendations.

Okay did you live out in your first year?
Original post by ChemistryGuy1998
Okay did you live out in your first year?

Went private and move down in five weeks, I'm a transfer student and will be doing 2nd year. Technically is my first year though, was offered cuths and decided against it.
Reply 9
Original post by Ganda1f
Hey guys,

I'm in the exact same position as you! Missed my grade for history by a few marks but they still let me in, I was allocated at Josephine Butler but I'm not too fussed where I end up now. Let us know if you hear anything back - maybe see you in a month or so!
Reply 10
Hey, I literally just heard back and I was given St Aidan’s again anyway so it’s all good :smile: Feeling excited about it all?

Quick Reply

Latest