The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

When is the earliest you can move in?

I'm going abroad so I won't be here for freshers unfortunately and the day I'm back I don't want to be hauling everything over so when is the earliest I'm able to move in so I can leave all my stuff in my room?
Original post by Aleiya
I'm going abroad so I won't be here for freshers unfortunately and the day I'm back I don't want to be hauling everything over so when is the earliest I'm able to move in so I can leave all my stuff in my room?

Has your university not given you the tenancy dates i.e. When you can move in etc.

If not then contact them and find out from them directly.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Renaissance-Man
Has your university not given you the tenancy dates i.e. When you can move in etc.

If not then contact them and find out from them directly.

I've not yet applied for accom since I got in with clearing. I'll find out then I guess.
Original post by Aleiya
I've not yet applied for accom since I got in with clearing. I'll find out then I guess.

Ah yes, in that case you'll need to contact them ASAP and get it sorted out!

What course will be you studying?
I've just had my accommodation which says I can move in from 13th. Perhaps it might be slightly different for different accommodations but that's what mine was, for Richmond Park.

Fresher's week starts 17th September so I can't imagine it would be much different from that date.
13th for me too and I'm in Sheavyn
If you're living in uni accom then yes the uni sets the Thurs of the week before the first week as the earliest you can move in. This would be 13/9 for this year's case. However you can also choose to move in even earlier (up to 2 or 3 nights in advance) however these have to be paid for per night. Also they do not guarantee that you can move into the accom you are eventually assigned to.

Just putting this option out there for you to consider; if anything you should contact the accommodation office to work something out!
Reply 7
Original post by singzeon
If you're living in uni accom then yes the uni sets the Thurs of the week before the first week as the earliest you can move in. This would be 13/9 for this year's case. However you can also choose to move in even earlier (up to 2 or 3 nights in advance) however these have to be paid for per night. Also they do not guarantee that you can move into the accom you are eventually assigned to.

Just putting this option out there for you to consider; if anything you should contact the accommodation office to work something out!

Yes yes really? I need 3 days before just so I can move my stuff in because I'm gonna be abroad during freshers week but I don't wanna haul all my stuff on the day I'm back from my flight. Would rather be there before I fly out which would be the day before the 13th.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Aleiya
Yes yes really? I need 3 days before just so I can move my stuff in because I'm gonna be abroad during freshers week but I don't wanna haul all my stuff on the day I'm back from my flight. Would rather be there before I fly out which would be the day before the 13th.

That being the case, would be best for you to check the accom website for more (accurate) details. Bit lazy to link the page for you here, but I'm sure a simple Google search will do~
Reply 9
Original post by singzeon
That being the case, would be best for you to check the accom website for more (accurate) details. Bit lazy to link the page for you here, but I'm sure a simple Google search will do~

I still haven't got my accommodation offer else I would have called them & found out officially. Still waiting on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending