What university course can I do with these A levels?

Watch
username4209872
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi everyone, not sure if I'm posting in the right area but after today I'm seriously reconsidering my options. I honestly want to try my all next year and obtain good grades in my A levels, but I'm so unsure where it will take me so I just thought I'd come and ask what university courses I could go on and do if I do manage to pass my A levels next year. The subjects that I'm doing next year are English Literature, Business Level 3 BTEC and Welsh Baccalaureate. Thank you.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Citronella)
Hi everyone, not sure if I'm posting in the right area but after today I'm seriously reconsidering my options. I honestly want to try my all next year and obtain good grades in my A levels, but I'm so unsure where it will take me so I just thought I'd come and ask what university courses I could go on and do if I do manage to pass my A levels next year. The subjects that I'm doing next year are English Literature, Business Level 3 BTEC and Welsh Baccalaureate. Thank you.
Have I posted these before?

It will throw up what courses might be open based on your combination.

Where you can apply depends on AS, predicted grades or actual grades.

Which course?

https://my.sacu-student.com/sacustud...p=SACU_BROWSE0

https://university.which.co.uk/a-level-explorer

Which A levels?

http://russellgroup.ac.uk/for-studen...l-and-college/

https://university.which.co.uk/advic...-level-choices
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nottingham Trent University UniofReading please can you help
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Citronella

Some of it will depend on you - what subjects do you really enjoy? You're going to be studying for three years (or more if you do a placement year) so part of your decision will probably come down to whether you like a particular subject. Something like English Literature is super transferable in terms of where you can go with it in the future (though I'm biased, as that's what I studied at Reading!) but I would think you could apply to study quite a few subjects, especially in the humanities area, if you get good grades.

I'd suggest asking yourself: what do you find interesting? What subjects do you really enjoy? What do you think you might like to do in the future? If you're not sure or not set on a particular career path yet, choosing something that has a lot of flexibility might be a good option. If you've got a general idea of what you would want to be doing after graduation, think about courses that offer opportunities for summer placements or year placements so you can get experience in different roles and work out a clearer sense of what work you enjoy.

Kat
(ex-English Literature student, current employee at University of Reading!)
Nottingham Trent University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey Citronella

It's great that you are starting to think about your options and you have a really great range of subjects that you are studying. Do you have any idea of what sort of course you'd be looking to do?

Are there any aspects of the subjects you're doing at the moment that you could be interesting in studying further?

Only certain courses (such as Science one's) will ask for specific subjects at A-level so my advice would be to have a scout around - I used league tables to gauge what universities would be realistic for me and my predicted grades ,and then create a list for what courses interest you and what Uni's you might want to look at further

My main advice would be to look at what modules are on offer (they can vary at different uni's) and make sure they interest you. There will be variations of courses so look around and see what you might be interested in.

Chris - NTU rep
username4209872
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Nottingham Trent University)
Hey Citronella

It's great that you are starting to think about your options and you have a really great range of subjects that you are studying. Do you have any idea of what sort of course you'd be looking to do?

Are there any aspects of the subjects you're doing at the moment that you could be interesting in studying further?

Only certain courses (such as Science one's) will ask for specific subjects at A-level so my advice would be to have a scout around - I used league tables to gauge what universities would be realistic for me and my predicted grades ,and then create a list for what courses interest you and what Uni's you might want to look at further

My main advice would be to look at what modules are on offer (they can vary at different uni's) and make sure they interest you. There will be variations of courses so look around and see what you might be interested in.

Chris - NTU rep
Okay, I will make sure to do that, thank you so much for your advice!
Student1191
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
African or gender studies?
SomMC1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Student1191)
African or gender studies?
lmao
Nottingham Trent University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Okay, I will make sure to do that, thank you so much for your advice!
You're welcome!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (212)
56.84%
I don't have everything I need (161)
43.16%

Watched Threads