The Student Room Group

A-level results help

Hi, I have just received my results and I did okay. I got D in Maths, C in Design and technology and U in physics. I have been accepted at Sheffield hallam university but I'm really concerned about my physics grade and I don't whether I should get it remarked or go to the accepted university? Should I be happy about it?
Original post by Sid.
Hi, I have just received my results and I did okay. I got D in Maths, C in Design and technology and U in physics. I have been accepted at Sheffield hallam university but I'm really concerned about my physics grade and I don't whether I should get it remarked or go to the accepted university? Should I be happy about it?

Have they accepted you with the grades? What did you apply to study? Are you happy going there?
Original post by Sid.
You can get it remarked and still go to Hallam. Your mark could go up or down, but even if it still goes down it'll still be a U. See how far from the E you were and make your remark decision based on that. But your Hallam university place should not be at risk from a remark of a U grade.
Original post by Sid.

Hi @Sid.

Congratulations on your offer with us!

Don't let your mark put you off going to university, as @04MR17 said, if you want to get it remarked you can whilst you're at university. What course is it that you applied for? I can get in touch with one of the academic's of the area to find out what he would advise.

Let me know,

Reanne
Reply 4
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hi @Sid.

Congratulations on your offer with us!

Don't let your mark put you off going to university, as @04MR17 said, if you want to get it remarked you can whilst you're at university. What course is it that you applied for? I can get in touch with one of the academic's of the area to find out what he would advise.

Let me know,

Reanne

Hi, I will be studying extended degree maths and Engineering however I was hoping to adjust it with Aerospace engineering with a foundation year. I did ring the hotline yesterday and they suggested me to email at [email protected] but till now I have had no reply from the team.

Quick Reply

Latest