The Student Room Group

Unremarkable ventures II

(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Always the minimalist

Original post by _gcx
Any ideas on what else to add would be appreciated.

make wok's beautiful banner more visible???? how dare u just stuff it under a spoiler
Original post by orderofthelotus
Always the minimalist

make wok's beautiful banner more visible???? how dare u just stuff it under a spoiler

nothing more to say.

I'll think about it.
Bossman you can't hide my associate's banner like that, he spent a lot of time and effort just for u bby.

keep me tagged in your further cauchy integral adventures

>computer hardware
nice
Original post by _gcx
I was going to wait before I created this thread but I figured I might as well do it now since idk when the old GYGs are getting archived.

Old thread is here

Academic things

UCAS choices

Updates on UCAS

Interests

Banner courtesy of StayWoke

tags

Hi, Can I be added to the tag-list? thank you!
Original post by Quantum Horizon
Hi, Can I be added to the tag-list? thank you!

sure
Ooh are STEP dates finalised? Obviously wasn't paying attention...:yay: No clashes with my other exams though so I can consider them :woo:
Original post by thotproduct
Bossman you can't hide my associate's banner like that, he spent a lot of time and effort just for u bby.

keep me tagged in your further cauchy integral adventures

>computer hardware
nice

alright done it

what is >nice
Reply 8
Original post by _gcx
I was going to wait before I created this thread but I figured I might as well do it now since idk when the old GYGs are getting archived.

Old thread is here

Academic things

UCAS choices

Updates on UCAS

Interests

tags

Banner courtesy of StayWoke

A A Mademoiselle, it's HRH Have to you. Who's this StayWoke don?
Original post by have
A A Mademoiselle, it's HRH Have to you. Who's this StayWoke don?

I forgot you renamed yourself on TSR because you're still StayWoke on discord. Accept my humble apologies good sir.
Original post by _gcx
alright done it

what is >nice

what's nice is your sexy laptop big man, send me your specs? I want to run Bin Weevils on ultra and use Wolfram Alpha without having to extinguish fires.
what's nice is your sexy laptop big man, send me your specs? I want to run Bin Weevils on ultra and use Wolfram Alpha without having to extinguish fires.

Unfortunately I have to have a fire extinguisher ready. Worse than the stock cooler that'll come with my 8400. Looks like the 2350M is slightly better than a Core 2 Duo E8600, which was high-end 10 years ago.
Original post by _gcx
Unfortunately I have to have a fire extinguisher ready. Worse than the stock cooler that'll come with my 8400. Looks like the 2350M is slightly better than a Core 2 Duo E8600, which was high-end 10 years ago.

i suggest water cooling

for

your laptop (it's not like it would be tragic if there was the inevitable leak).

Pentiums are all the rage though, that's all I'm saying. I'd suggest using your overclocked calculator, which probably has more processing power, for Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing, because how else will you be able to play as Vector.
Original post by Lemur14
Ooh are STEP dates finalised? Obviously wasn't paying attention...:yay: No clashes with my other exams though so I can consider them :woo:

Mr. StayWoke have pointed out that they are here.
i suggest water cooling

for

your laptop (it's not like it would be tragic if there was the inevitable leak).

Pentiums are all the rage though, that's all I'm saying. I'd suggest using your overclocked calculator, which probably has more processing power, for Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing, because how else will you be able to play as Vector.

The liquid would be worth more than the laptop so I'd be more upset about that.

I found a pentium running at a blistering 60MHz would that do?

I'm not even sure if I've clocked any time on that on Steam.
Original post by _gcx
The liquid would be worth more than the laptop so I'd be more upset about that.

I found a pentium running at a blistering 60MHz would that do?

I'm not even sure if I've clocked any time on that on Steam.

How much you selling this rig for though

60MHz is niceable tbf, you might be able to run word at 60fps on that, I recommend.

YET.
How much you selling this rig for though

60MHz is niceable tbf, you might be able to run word at 60fps on that, I recommend.

YET.

I'm not selling this laptop. It probably has negligible value. I reckon the only thing of much worth is the 640gb hard drive as the DVD drive doesn't work. Not worth the fuss. I have enough money without it.

I hear they're releasing this thing called the commodore 64 with 64KB of RAM. How could a program possibly use that much?

Will give it a go at some point probably.
Original post by _gcx
I'm not selling this laptop. It probably has negligible value. I reckon the only thing of much worth is the 640gb hard drive as the DVD drive doesn't work. Not worth the fuss. I have enough money without it.

I hear they're releasing this thing called the commodore 64 with 64KB of RAM. How could a program possibly use that much?

Will give it a go at some point probably.

Negative value. The system has reached a stage in its life where you, the user are actually paying other people to take it off your hands. A sad stage in a computer's lifespan indeed.

A commodore 64, sounds like a clothing shop tbh. 64KB???? did you write that wrong?! I'm not too sure if I can handle using this increased processing power, how are the triple As optimised on it.

Race me I call dibs on Vector.
ooh good luck!! :rave:
Original post by nyxnko_
ooh good luck!! :rave:

Thank you! Are you making one this year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending