Headteachers demand remark of all a levels

(edited 5 years ago)
TThey haven't got time to remark them all so it wont happen
Reply 2
Original post by TheYearNiner
TThey haven't got time to remark them all so it wont happen

Either way it's still quite an interesting read
Reply 3
Unfortunately, even in the event that a mass re-mark was to be ordered, and grades did go up as a result, it would probably be too late for many students who missed out on their university places.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Beth_H
Unfortunately, even in the event that a mass re-mark was to be ordered, and grades did go up as a result, it would probably be too late for many students who missed out on their university places.

True but it's incredibly unfair on so many people
They were cheated out of their grades to make sure there weren't too many As? I'm calling BS on that one given the grade boundaries were plunged very low to make sure lots of people got high grades making a total mockery of the system: make exams harder, completely offset it with grade boundaries.
If its true, absolute joke, even more so than Gove
Original post by Pink fizz
True but it's incredibly unfair on so many people

Maybe everyone should be given an A*.

A levels have suffered from grade inflation over the years anyway.

This year 25% of grades were A* or A. the suggestion is that there should be even more. Grade A used to really stand out.

If pupils are concerned then they should get remarks, but the whole remark system has been abused through the years as it is.
Not sure what the boundaries were and what percentages of students getting As and A*s were back in 2002 but I don’t think it should concern us now

Original post by Jammy Duel
They were cheated out of their grades to make sure there weren't too many As? I'm calling BS on that one given the grade boundaries were plunged very low to make sure lots of people got high grades making a total mockery of the system: make exams harder, completely offset it with grade boundaries.

Also this if this were to be said today
Original post by Pink fizz
Headteachers claim hundreds of thousands of pupils had been cheated out of their rightful grade to ensure there were not too many A grades
Read the full article here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-138960/Headteachers-demand-A-level-marked.html

The articles from 2002?
Original post by CountBrandenburg
Not sure what the boundaries were and what percentages of students getting As and A*s were back in 2002 but I don’t think it should concern us now

Also this if this were to be said today

A* didn't exist and there was the usual grade inflation back then so the number of A grades was on the rise
Reply 11
Original post by student050996
The articles from 2002?

Oops I didn't notice! Thanks for pointing that out 😊 Someone sent it too me yesterday and I didn't notice the date

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending