The Student Room Group

***GCSE Results Day thread - POLL IS ALMOST CLOSING - VOTE FOR HARDEST SUBJECT!!!!***

This poll is closed

What Was The Hardest GCSE Subject For You.

English Language 12%
English Literature 10%
Mathematics 14%
Biology 6%
Physics 17%
Chemistry 9%
Geography 4%
History 8%
Business Studies 0%
French 7%
Spanish 5%
D&T 0%
RE 2%
Drama 1%
Art 1%
Other3%
Total votes: 257

The UNOFFICIAL GCSE RESULTS DAY THREAD 2018

Yes ... its one of those annoying, stressful, overhyped, hellish, nightmare-like threads, but we all know its around the corner and there is NO AVOIDING IT, so instead lets deal with it.

Start off by introducing yourself:
1. What subjects did you take at GCSE?
2. Which subjects are you going to continue at A-Level OR BTEC OR Apprenticeships?
3. Which subject was your favourite at GCSE?
4. Which subject was the worst for you at GCSE?

Then let's get a bit more Specific!!!
5. How are you feeling as the BIG DAY approaches? Please respond with an emoji only - it makes it more fun!
6. Tell us your best case scenario, worst case scenario and REALISTIC case scenario in terms of the grades you might get in each case?

So for example, best case scenario might look like this: Maths - 9, English Lang -9, Biology - 9, English Lit - 9....., then the worst case scenario for those subjects and your realistic grades (be BRUTALLY HONEST)!

7. What do you hope to do in the future? Sixth Form, BTEC, Apprenticeships?
8. What will you be doing on results day, after collecting your results.

Grade Boundaries will be uploaded here, as soon as they become possible - reformed (1-9) subjects ONLY. The grade boundaries are usually published at 8:00 am for AQA and WJEC, 6:00 am for OCR and 9:00 am for Edxcel and they can be found on Result's Day on the links below but please check their twitter accounts for updates. Also, the links below can be used for guidance on remarks and retakes.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL - YOU HAVE GOT THIS!

[countdown]1535011200000[/countdown]
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Its ONLY 5 DAYS LEFT??????????????
Hey, at GCSE I took English Literature, English Language, Maths (obviously), then Further Maths , Biology, Chemistry, Physics (I took triple), History, German and Drama. I'm hoping to take History, Biology, English Language and German/Psychology at A-Level. Favourite subject's definitely History followed by Biology and worst is Drama and Further Maths but at this point I hate Drama more simply because I've put so much into it and still not getting the grades I'd like, I'm just bad at Further. As for results day well... :smile:? I'm fairly confident I'll get into my college.

Best case:
English Literature: 7+
English Language: 9
Maths: 8
Further Maths: B
Biology: 9
Chemistry: 9
Physics: 9
History: 8+
German: 8+
Drama: 6

Worst Case:
English Literature: 5/6
English Language: 6
Maths: 6/7
Further Maths: Fail
Biology: 7
Chemistry: 7
Physics: 7
History: 6
German: 7
Drama: 4

Realistically:
English Literature: 6
English Language: 8
Maths: 7
Further Maths: C
Biology: 9?
Chemistry: 8
Physics: 8
History: 7
Drama: 5

I'm hoping to get into my school's sixth form college which the entry requirements for my subjects are:
Science: 7 & 6
Maths: 6
German: 6
+ one other subject with a 5 or better.

After collecting my results I'm not such about a celebratory thing but I'm going to bake with my Mum for an charity party on the Friday (a part of NCS) and I'll go to boxing.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by MidnightRanger
Hey, at GCSE I took English Literature, English Language, Maths (obviously), then Further Maths , Biology, Chemistry, Physics (I took triple), History, German and Drama. I'm hoping to take History, Biology, English Language and German/Psychology at A-Level. Favourite subject's definitely History followed by Biology and worst is Drama and Further Maths but at this point I hate Drama more simply because I've put so much into it and still not getting the grades I'd like, I'm just bad at Further. As for results day well... :smile:? I'm fairly confident I'll get into my college.

Best case:
English Literature: 7+
English Language: 9
Maths: 8
Biology: 9
Chemistry: 9
Physics: 9
History: 8+
German: 8+
Drama: 6

Worst Case:
English Literature: 5/6
Maths: 6/7
Further Maths: Fail
Biology: 7
Chemistry: 7
Physics: 7
Drama: 4

Realistically:
English Literature: 6
English Language: 8
Maths: 7
Biology: 9?
Chemistry: 8
Physics: 8
History: 7
Drama: 5

I'm hoping to get into my school's sixth form college which the entry requirements for my subjects are:
Science: 7 & 6
Maths: 6
German: 6
+ one other subject with a 5 or better.

After collecting my results I'm not such about a celebratory thing but I'm going to bake with my Mum for an charity party on the Friday (a part of NCS) and I'll go to boxing.

Those grades look really good! You should be proud and I wish you all the best on Thursday!
Original post by New Wonder
Those grades look really good! You should be proud and I wish you all the best on Thursday!

Thanks and good luck to you too! What are you hoping (and praying to every god) for?
Reply 5
1) Best case:
Maths - 9
English lit/lang - 6/6
Combined Science - 99
Computing - 9
Child development - A*
RM - B
French - 6

Worst case:
Maths - 9
English lit/lang - 5/4
Combined Science - 77
Computing - 7
Child development - A
RM - D
French - 4

Realistically:
Maths - 9
English lit/lang - 5/5
Combined Science - 78 or 88
Computing - 8
Child development - A*
RM - C
French - 5

and I did Further Maths GCSE last year and got A^.

2) I'm doing A Level Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Psychology.

3) My favorite subjects were Maths and FM, and I also enjoyed Physics.

4) I didn't like RM; the teacher couldn't control the class so we didn't finish the spec. I would panic about the French speaking exam a lot, so that made me stop enjoying it as much in yr 11 though the other parts of it were good. I didn't mind English Lang but I was just not very good at it - I'm just hoping for a 5 or 6 after that dreadful exam.

5) :burnout:

6) See answer for Q1.

7) I would like to go to a good university (idk which one yet) to study Pure Mathematics. I hope to have a job related to Maths.

8) Either going out for dinner with my parents (see best case scenario) or crying while drowning my sorrows in ice cream (see worst case scenario).

GOOD LUCK FOR RESULTS DAY EVERYONE!
Reply 6
Original post by Loci Pi
1) Best case:
Maths - 9
English lit/lang - 6/6
Combined Science - 99
Computing - 9
Child development - A*
RM - B
French - 6

Worst case:
Maths - 9
English lit/lang - 5/4
Combined Science - 77
Computing - 7
Child development - A
RM - D
French - 4

Realistically:
Maths - 9
English lit/lang - 5/5
Combined Science - 78 or 88
Computing - 8
Child development - A*
RM - C
French - 5

and I did Further Maths GCSE last year and got A^.

2) I'm doing A Level Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Psychology.

3) My favorite subjects were Maths and FM, and I also enjoyed Physics.

4) I didn't like RM; the teacher couldn't control the class so we didn't finish the spec. I would panic about the French speaking exam a lot, so that made me stop enjoying it as much in yr 11 though the other parts of it were good. I didn't mind English Lang but I was just not very good at it - I'm just hoping for a 5 or 6 after that dreadful exam.

5) :burnout:

6) See answer for Q1.

7) I would like to go to a good university (idk which one yet) to study Pure Mathematics. I hope to have a job related to Maths.

8) Either going out for dinner with my parents (see best case scenario) or crying while drowning my sorrows in ice cream (see worst case scenario).

GOOD LUCK FOR RESULTS DAY EVERYONE!

That is some great grades. WELL DONE!!!! Maths seems a definite 9 (impressive). I wish you all the best!
Reply 7
That is some great grades. WELL DONE!!!! Maths seems a definite 9 (impressive). I wish you all the best!

Thanks and best of luck for results day. I hope you get the grades you want :smile:
Reply 8
Thanks and good luck to you too! What are you hoping (and praying to every god) for?

Best Case Scenario:

English Language - 9
English Literature - 8
Mathematics - 9
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
History - 9
Business - A*
RE - 9
Drama - 8

Worst Case Scenario:

English Language - 7
English Literature - 7
Mathematics - 8
Biology - 7
Chemistry - 8
Physics - 7
History - 7
Business - A
RE - 7
Drama - 6

Realistic Scenario:

English Language - 8
English Literature - 8
Mathematics - 8
Biology - 8
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
History - 8
Business - A*
RE - 9
Drama - 8/7

Already achieved an A* in Finance

So, so far I have 1 A*. Expecting the worst and hoping for the best!
Reply 9
Original post by Loci Pi
Thanks and best of luck for results day. I hope you get the grades you want :smile:

Thank You So Much!
1:
Maths
English Language
English Literature
Combined Science
Computer Science
German
Business
History

2. (HOPEFULLY!) I will be studing four a levels:
Maths
Further Maths
Chemistry
Physics

3. I loved maths and science

4. Honestly i could not stand english!

5. 🙃

6. Best Case:
Maths - 9
English Language - 8
English Literature - 7
Combined Science - 9/9
Computer Science - 9
German - 5
Business - A*
History - 6

Worst Case:
Maths - 7
English Language - 6
English Literature - 5
Combined Science - 7/7
Computer Science - 7
German - 4
Business - A
History - 4
Realistic:
Maths - 8 (although i really believe i got a 9)
English Language - 7
English Literature - 6
Combined Science - 9/8
Computer Science - 8
German - 4
Business - A*
History - 5

7. I plan on going to sixth form which is seperate from my current school, and then go to uni (not sure what to study yet!)

8. Let my family know how I've done, speak with my mates who turn up at 9 then probably go out for breakfast/lunch with my family.

good luck everyone!
Original post by RobEaster
1:
Maths
English Language
English Literature
Combined Science
Computer Science
German
Business
History

2. (HOPEFULLY!) I will be studing four a levels:
Maths
Further Maths
Chemistry
Physics

3. I loved maths and science

4. Honestly i could not stand english!

5. 🙃

6. Best Case:
Maths - 9
English Language - 8
English Literature - 7
Combined Science - 9/9
Computer Science - 9
German - 5
Business - A*
History - 6

Worst Case:
Maths - 7
English Language - 6
English Literature - 5
Combined Science - 7/7
Computer Science - 7
German - 4
Business - A
History - 4
Realistic:
Maths - 8 (although i really believe i got a 9)
English Language - 7
English Literature - 6
Combined Science - 9/8
Computer Science - 8
German - 4
Business - A*
History - 5

7. I plan on going to sixth form which is seperate from my current school, and then go to uni (not sure what to study yet!)

8. Let my family know how I've done, speak with my mates who turn up at 9 then probably go out for breakfast/lunch with my family.

good luck everyone!

That's some good grades. You should be proud. I hope everything goes right for you!
1. What subjects did you take at GCSE?English LanguageEnglish LiteratureMathsStatisticsGeographyBiologyChemistryPhysicsICTReligous EducationIrish2. Which subjects are you going to continue at A-Level OR BTEC OR Apprenticeships?ChemistryBiologyIrishGeography3. Which subject was your favourite at GCSE?Biology loved it soo much4. Which subject was the worst for you at GCSE?Physics, I wouldn't shut up in class and messed around the whole time, hadn't a clue what was going on!5. ... (no clue)6. Best case;English Lang - A*English Lit - A*Maths - AStatistics - AGeography - A*Biology - A*Chemistry - A*Physics - AICT - AReligous Education - A*Irish - A*Worst Case;English Lang - AEnglish Lit - BMaths - AStatistics - BGeography - ABiology - A*Chemistry - APhysics - CICT - BReligous Education - AIrish - A*Realistic;English Lang - A*English Lit - AMaths - AStatistics - BGeography - A*Biology - A*Chemistry - A*Physics - BICT - BReligous Education - AIrish - A*7. What do you hope to do in the future? Sixth Form, BTEC, Apprenticeships?Sixth form at the same school. Then hopefully Uni, possibly dentistry or medicine.8. What will you be doing on results day, after collecting your results.Go to a seaside town about thirty minutes away, go pier jumping with friends, go to the beach and then get a takeaway and icecream and head home!
1) This time round I took English Language, German, History, Chemistry, and Further Maths. (I'm homeschooled and have already taken Maths, Biology and Physics; i somehow got a* in all three)

2) I will (hopefully) be doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics, and Computer Science A-Levels

3) Favourite subject was maths BY FAR

4) Least favourite was English (terrified I'm not actually going to pass it)

5)😬

6) (I did IGCSE's so my grades are still in letters aside from English Lang)
best case:
Chemistry: A*
English Language: 7
German: A*
History: A*

worst case:
Chemistry: A
English Language: 4
Further Maths: D
German: B
History: C

realistic:
Chemistry: A*
English Language: 5
German: A
History: B/A

7) I will be going to sixth form, and hopefully uni after that, to study maths.

8) After enrolling, I'm having a movie day at my friends' house.
(edited 5 years ago)
Best Case Scenario:

English Language - 9
English Literature - 8
Mathematics - 9
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
History - 9
Business - A*
RE - 9
Drama - 8

Worst Case Scenario:

English Language - 7
English Literature - 7
Mathematics - 8
Biology - 7
Chemistry - 8
Physics - 7
History - 7
Business - A
RE - 7
Drama - 6

Realistic Scenario:

English Language - 8
English Literature - 8
Mathematics - 8
Biology - 8
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
History - 8
Business - A*
RE - 9
Drama - 8/7

Already achieved an A* in Finance

So, so far I have 1 A*. Expecting the worst and hoping for the best!

Very nice set of goals to have and congratulations on the A* in Finance!
Very nice set of goals to have and congratulations on the A* in Finance!

Thank You!
Reply 16
Yesss another thread from New Wonder!

At GCSE:

Maths
Eng lang
Eng lit
Bio
Chem
Phys
History
Geography
RE
Spanish

Favourite subjects were: History and science in general
Worst subject: Spanish- still not convinced Im going to pass- and geography- I did well but I just found everything sooooo boring!!!

Feeling :redface: abut results day!

Best case scenario:

Maths- 7/8
Eng lang- 7/8
Eng lit- 8/9
Bio- 8
Chem- 8
Phys- 8
History- 8/9
Geography-8
RE: 8/9
Spanish- 5/6

Worst case scenario:

Maths-6
Eng lang- 6
Eng it- 6
Bio- 6
Chem- 6
Phys- 6
His- 6/ 7
Geography- 6/7
Re: 6/7
Spanish- 3/4/ FAIL

Realistic- i really dunno maybe 7s in science and 6s in english and maths??

At sixth from i want to study: Biology, Chemistry, Physics and History
I need 8s in my sciences and 7 in history as well as at least 6 grade 7s in total and at least a 6 in maths and eng lang- its a very competitive sixth form and Im an external so my conditional offer is higher :frown:

Im going to an Asian restaurant for a buffet if I do well and getting a cake from Cake Box andmay have an Asian feast later on in the week too :smile: I also get money to get lots of stationary which is my favourite hobby.
If I dont do well I get lectured and taunted by my extended family (not even by my own family who know Ive done my best) and i guess get sympathy talks and prepare mentally to go to a really bad sixth form. Also cry ALOT!!

Good luck everyone- You all will be AMAZING!!! Let us all now pray for one another :h:

The UNOFFICIAL GCSE RESULTS DAY THREAD 2018

Yes ... its one of those annoying, stressful, overhyped, hellish, nightmare-like threads, but we all know its around the corner and there is NO AVOIDING IT, so instead lets deal with it.

Start off by introducing yourself:
1. What subjects did you take at GCSE?
2. Which subjects are you going to continue at A-Level OR BTEC OR Apprenticeships?
3. Which subject was your favourite at GCSE?
4. Which subject was the worst for you at GCSE?

Then let's get a bit more Specific!!!
5. How are you feeling as the BIG DAY approaches? Please respond with an emoji only - it makes it more fun!
6. Tell us the grade your best case scenario, worst case scenario and REALISTIC case scenario in terms of the grades you might get in each case?

So for example, best case scenario might look like this: Maths - 9, English Lang -, Biology - 9, English Lit - 9....., then the worst case scenario for those subjects and your realistic grades (be BRUTALLY HONEST ).

7. What do you hope to do in the future? Sixth Form, BTEC, Apprenticeships?
8. What will you be doing on results day, after collecting your results.

Grade Boundaries will be uploaded here, as soon as they become possible - reformed (1-9) subjects ONLY. The grade boundaries are usually published at 8:00 am for AQA and WJEC, 6:00 am for OCR and 9:00 am for Edxcel and they can be found on Result's Day on the links below but please check their twitter accounts for updates. Also, the links below can be used for guidance on remarks and retakes.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL - YOU HAVE GOT THIS!
I’m gonna go for best case and then realistic because I think realistic and worst are the same here.

Maths - 8/7
English Lit - 6/6
English Lang - 7/6
Biology - 7/6
Chemistry - 7/6
Physics - 7/6
History - 7/5
French - 6/4
CompSci - 7/5
BTEC Music - D*/D

Can’t use the TSR emojis on mobile - basically I’m feeling a little worried but very impatient?

I want to do Politics, Psychology and Maths at A Level (possibly also History) and I need 877666 to get into my ideal sixth form. For my reserve sixth form I just need a 6 in Maths, then 6444.

If I do well, I think that’s the only reward I get, lmao.
Hope you all do amazingly!
Jdnsba
(edited 5 years ago)
At GCSE I took: Maths (Edexcel), English Language, English Literature, Triple Science, Geography, French, Media Studies, Economics and Religious Studies (for which I got my grade last year: A*). At A-level, I currently plan on taking English Language, English Literature and Politics as well as an EPQ. Ideally, I hope to become a novelist.

My favourite subject by far has to be English since I find the subject so fascinating and was blessed with such a supportive and kind teacher. On the other end of the spectrum, the subject I hated most had to be French since the lessons dragged on and I never really knew what I was doing come exam time. Let's put it this way: I'll be lucky if I pass.

In terms of how I feel for results day, well... :eek3:
...I am bricking it. However, the day will probably be a happy one since I've filled it with so many darn plans and my mum's getting us a takeaway!

Okay, now it's time for grades oh boyyyy.

KEY: X/Y/Z
X=worst
Y=realistic
Z=best

Maths 6/7/8
English Language 7/9/9
English Literature 7/9/9
Biology 6/7/8
Chemistry 7/8/9
Physics 6/7/8
Geography 6/8/9
French 4/6/8
Media Studies B/A*/A*
Economics B/A*/A*

I wish all of you the best of luck for results day!! I know y'all put in the damn work and I hope that will be reflected in your results!

Quick Reply