The Student Room Group

LADS - Is this guide on how to revise effective?

It's called Prof. Gunning's Erudite course of fact retrieval.

Or should I just stick with memorising the CGP guide word for word.
i would not recommend learning the guide word for word. you can try that guy's method and see if it works for you. remember that different revision methods will work for different people.
Original post by entertainmyfaith
i would not recommend learning the guide word for word. you can try that guy's method and see if it works for you. remember that different revision methods will work for different people.

What are the different revision methods? and how the d*ck do I find my own?
Original post by AspiringAccount
What are the different revision methods? and how the d*ck do I find my own?

well there's visual and aural/hearing. some people learn best by watching videos, some by reading their notes, others by flashcards, some might find mindmaps are the best for them. some might record themselves saying their revision notes and listen back to them as their revision method.
there's loads of revision methods about, the ones i suggested are bog standard ones. i'm sure you'll be able to find some youtube video detailing it better though.
some people have different revision methods for different subjects. i presume you're going into year 10/11? you need to try out revision methods for mocks to see what would the best way to revise. if it doesn't work out, find a different way for the second set of mocks. you'll know if it's effective or 'your own' when you sit the mock.
well there's visual and aural/hearing. some people learn best by watching videos, some by reading their notes, others by flashcards, some might find mindmaps are the best for them. some might record themselves saying their revision notes and listen back to them as their revision method.
there's loads of revision methods about, the ones i suggested are bog standard ones. i'm sure you'll be able to find some youtube video detailing it better though.
some people have different revision methods for different subjects. i presume you're going into year 10/11? you need to try out revision methods for mocks to see what would the best way to revise. if it doesn't work out, find a different way for the second set of mocks. you'll know if it's effective or 'your own' when you sit the mock.

One word, homeschool................................
Original post by AspiringAccount
One word, homeschool................................

print off practice papers and sit them in exam conditions:smile: then either get your teacher/tutor to mark them or mark them yourself.
print off practice papers and sit them in exam conditions:smile: then either get your teacher/tutor to mark them or mark them yourself.

Got it.

Quick Reply

Latest